1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holiday Boarding - Scotland?

Discussion in 'Holiday Homes For Birds' started by cazimodo, Jun 15, 2017.

1. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Hi folks
    I've recently reduced my working hours to 24 per week, and generally I work 2 out of the 3 days at home now. So, I thought it might be an option to offer some holiday boarding to parrot peeps in Scotland (or further afield if you care to make the journey :))). I'm just testing the waters now, ;cos this would involve buying a new cage, toys, perches and etc.

If you think this might be of interest, let me know.

Thanks
    Caz

jaspers mum and Kendra like this.
  2. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

I think that would be an excellent idea, especially if they can bring there birds with them.

3. PapaF

PapaF Registered

Hello
    Did you end up going ahead with the boarding plans?
    I am in Glasgow and I have an Amazon that I need to find a summer home for while we are away on holiday.

4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Caz has been very busy with work, so I don’t think she did Perdue this, she has been away from forum for a while.

6. TomsMum

Hi Manwella and :welcome: to the forum @PapaF

I found this place in a google search
    https://creaturecomfortsglasgow.com/holiday-boarding/
    Don’t know anything about them, but you may want to check out.

Also this one
    http://www.furandfeatherspetlodge.co.uk/services.php

With any holiday boarding you need to be aware of the accommodation, and what bio-security is in place to keep all birds well and healthy.

You may want to check with your Avian Vet to enquire if they know of anywhere that does boarding too

dianaT likes this.
  7. PapaF

PapaF Registered

thank you for your help. I have actually been to creature comforts to see the place a few years back. They actually board the parrots in a basement underneath the shop and I thought it was too dark and gloomy for Papa. I know I am being too picky but if I can find anywhere else that he would be happier in that would be great. I will leave creature comforts for last resort. I already asked our avian vet too but they were unable to help.

8. TomsMum

That’s not at all being too picky.....it sounds horrid! This is exactly what worries me about some of these places.

9. TomsMum

10. PapaF

PapaF Registered

Thanks, I will get in touch with them.

TomsMum likes this.
  11. Flake

Flake Regular Member Registered

PapaF, did u find someone to look after your parrot. I’m going on holiday in June and my son is too scared to handle our conure who can bite! I live near Glasgow
    Thanks

12. TomsMum

Hi @Flake there are a couple of pet shop places in the Glasgow area mentioned in my post further up in this thread....we aren’t aware of any specific parrot boarders in Scotland though.

13. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

None that I know of either I'm afraid. I was considering offering the service myself at one point, but with Ziggy being so nervy and prone to plucking, I don't think I can risk it now. I went to see a pet shop that offered boarding in Tullibody, but they considered shoving the cage onto the pet shop floor with all the other birds and strangers walking around as boarding!!

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

TomsMum likes this.