1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holiday Boarding New Forest Hampshire

Discussion in 'Holiday Homes For Birds' started by Annie Vincent, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Annie Vincent

Annie Vincent Registered

Hi All,
    Freddy Parrot and I are new here - we're looking for reciprocal arrangements with other owners in the New Forest, or maybe just someone who loves birds or would like a few pounds a day for the pleasure :)
    Freddy is a Timneh African Grey (TAG) he's 31 and has arthritis and recently diagnosed with a possible heart problem. That in mind he may not be everybody's cup of tea. He has meds twice a day. He loves boxes, hiding in boxes and chewing boxes - he is still very active and talkative. Freddy was not hand reared, I have had him for his whole life and he is still choosy whether he likes me or not (mostly he does).
    So, if you are after a challenge, Freddy is here for you - we are going away for 6 weeks from the 1st September and my long lasting carer that normally has him, is too old to cope now.
    Thank you for reading

2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hello Annie and welcome to the forum :welcome: to you and Freddy.

If the top of my head I can't recall anyone based in that area...but my memory isn't the best! I'm sure anyone who is will pick it up from the title of your thread!

I don't know if you have considered a professional parrot boarding establishment??

My personal recommendation is http://www.theparrotlodge.co.uk/

Annie Vincent likes this.
  3. Annie Vincent

Annie Vincent Registered

Hi Toms mum
    Hi TomsMum.
    Many thanks for the welcome. I have had a look at a couple of professional set ups and looked into having all the health tests done that they require. I have an excellent avian vet, I spoke to him yesterday and he said that these tests are not conclusive, they are invasive and he would not want Freddy to have to endure them. Me neither. Hence looking local. And although Freddy is worth the £450. Tests fee, I have been quoted and £15 per day to board, that's fine for a weekend but my budget doesn't stretch to a little longer boarding that far sadly.

4. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi and welcome to the forum :) sorry I cannot help as am up in east yorkshire .... because somebody has to be :lol:
    Hopefully as TomsMum says somebody will eagle eye your post and know of somebody in your neighbourhood.

TomsMum and Annie Vincent like this.
  5. Annie Vincent

Annie Vincent Registered

Thanks so much Dizzy Blue. Great name.

DizzyBlue likes this.
  6. Bob

Bob Bird Whisperer Staff Member Admin

Hi Annie :welcome:to the forum