1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holiday Boarding For Rio

Discussion in 'Holiday Homes For Birds' started by Jane, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Jane

Jane Registered

Please can you help,we live in the Plymouth area, and are seeking a holiday home for Rio our amazon parrot, we would return the favour if needed. Jane

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi Jane, I believe we have a couple of members in the West Country @Choxs @Yellowchickenparrot and probably a few more I cannot think of! If they cannot help they may know of someone who can. Failing that would your avian vet board, some do.

3. Jane

Jane Registered

Hi Diana
    You have your hands full, we only have Koi Carp, thanks for the info will look into it. Jane

4. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

I can definitely help but im just outside of newquay. However I suppose thats not to far.

Michael Reynolds and dianaT like this.
  5. dianaT

@Jane always worth travelling for a good holiday home. See above.

6. Yellowchickenparrot

I'm away the 27 to the 4th but I'm free after that, I got a fairly big house so can put Rio in a quiet place or in a active place depending what he's use to. He can be out alday if that's what he's use to I'm home 80% of the day so there is always something going on. I have fruit and veg in as I have a parrot to so he can have some of that daily. I'm not after anything as I have a parrot anyway so another one doesn't seem much more work, it would be nice to help out and I'd love to meet Rio as I'm looking for a Amazon for myself.

Shirley, Michael Reynolds and dianaT like this.
  7. dianaT

@Jane did you see the above offer re Rio hols ?

8. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

@Stinkie can you recommend anywhere in the Plymouth area?

9. Stinkie

Stinkie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I can't recommend anyone that I have used, but I'm going to be using Manadon Birds for when I go on holiday for Christmas - but I haven't told them yet!

DizzyBlue, TomsMum and marley like this.
  10. Jane

Jane Registered

Sorry for not thanking you for your kind offer to look after Rio while I'm away, unfortunately Rio is not a good traveler he gets very sick so
    Newquay is a bit too far for him. Many thanks for your kind offer, hope you get your Amazon parrot
    Regards Jane

11. Yellowchickenparrot

No worries, I hope you find someone.