1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi There My Name Is Luna

Discussion in 'My Name is:' started by lunatotherescue, Nov 12, 2017.

1. lunatotherescue

lunatotherescue Registered

Hi there my name is Luna from a Disney programme that my family loved I am around 24 weeks old so my owner got told I have been living with my family now for over 2 months and I am well cared for my lady sits next to me by my cage and talks to me but I wont let her go near me I know she wont hurt me but I want to bite and fly away from her how can I get her to help me ,,, they let me out the cage and I have stepped up onto a piece of wood that was used in my old cage but now I wont do it can I get some extra help from other family's thanks for reading

2. lunatotherescue

ohh forgot to tell u I have plenty of toys and food and water and treats aswell

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: Luna, what type of parrot are you. I guess you have not been with your new family for very long. Let's see if @Roz can offer some advice.

lunatotherescue likes this.
  4. lunatotherescue

i am a indian ring neck parakeet and I also have a dog I like to tease haha

5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hello Luna had you been hand reared or parent reared? I just love ringnecks

6. Roz

Roz Regular Member

:welcome: Luna! What food do you choose to eat out of the food bowl first? Are you able to take this morsel from your lady if she offers it to you with her fingers? Humans can be scary creatures but if your lady manages to pair herself with lots of good things like treats you'll slowly begin to see that she is your friend. :)

7. lunatotherescue

I like to eat sunflower seeds and all the big ones first I will put a pic of my self up on here soon as my lady can get it for me

8. lunatotherescue

no I'm not hand reared I was in a cage with other parrots from since I can remember

9. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi and :welcome: to the forum

10. Kerin

Kerin Regular Member

Hello and welcome to the forum Luna. :)

11. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member Registered

HI and welcome Luna

12. lunatotherescue

ty all for welcoming me to the group hopefully there will be ideas I can follow to help me and my family

13. Roz

Roz Regular Member

:wave: I see you, lovely Luna! That's great your lady has noticed what treats you like eating first. Are you able to take a sunflower seed from her fingers if she offers you one through the bars of your cage?

14. lunatotherescue

haha that funny I see her hand or finger I squak and go to attack her but I'm gonna try everyday patients is the motto :budgie:

15. lunatotherescue

I have been told I may be an Alexandrea ring neck

16. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Can you get your lady to post up a picture of you Luna?

lunatotherescue and dianaT like this.
  17. lunatotherescue

I have a pic but not a good one my mommy will do it for me

TomsMum likes this.