Hi, I'm jake!

Michael Reynolds

Hi Jake, you must be a clever boy to be able to type at 15 weeks old Ha Ha, did the last home give any feed to bring with you to your forever home?

Matt G

Registered
He didn't 🙁 He said he used something called quality mix but I can't find it online

Michael Reynolds

I use a non nut non sunflower mix on the dry side, my flocks favorite is Johnson and Jeff lean and fit, but I do use other good quality mixes as well

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Welcome, I would say tidymix with no sunflower or peanuts and I use to offer a bowl of different veg every day to get her use to it. Bits of fruit like apples grapes should be given lightly or kept for treats for training purposes.

Lauraj

Registered
Hello Jake!

Oh my goodness he is adorable! Love how cute baby greys are :see_hearts:
Not able to help too much on the food front as your little guy is a lot younger than my boy was when i got him. My baby grey is 6 months old now and on a harrisons pellet food with a bit of high quality seed mixed in (no sunflower) and he has fresh fruit and veggies daily. But like i say my boy is 6 months so a bit older than your baby!

Hope he brings you all the happiness my birds have brought me!

JackAndRob

Baby Greys are desperately cute. Love them :)

Roughly chopped fruit and veg for our larger birds during the day. Also a no sunflower and no peanut parrot mix e.g. AS30. Scarletts sell it and it is also available elsewhere. For supper, a finely chopped bean & pulse mix (with added finely chopped veg) goes down well with all of our birds (budgies, jardine, eclectus).

A good mix of colours, textures and flavours (that you can vary daily) will provide interest, and all the vits & mins that they need. Persevere with things that are not taken immediately - birds often come around to them eventually e.g. Jardine Jessie and Ekkie Frankie seem to be eating nearly all their fruit & veg these days, especially the greens, and they are less interested in the dry food.

I'd recommend regular weigh-ins for a young bird, preferably first thing in the morning, after first poop and before food, which is quite easy if you use cage covers, or maintain a dark room until it's wake-up time. We use a homemade T-stand on a kitchen scale that measures in 1g intervals.

I also suggest removing the mirror from the cage as some birds can get attached to their own image and become less inclined to bond with their human carers.

Top Bottom