1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi I Am Looking In To Adopting A Parrot To Add To My Family

Discussion in 'Rehoming' started by MoinZ, Feb 20, 2019.

1. MoinZ

MoinZ Regular Member Registered

Hi i am looking into adding another African grey to the family i currently own three africans and is my hobby to take care of them i have a male green Senegal parrot and two black francolin peasants too and a Irish yellow singing canary. I also have a huge aviary with over 3/400 pigeons also. If you do have any interest in speaking about re homing please let me know my father comes from back ground of keeping birdies and parrots owned a really stressed African and we have cared and looked after the parrot and still doing so good. I can also send pictures of my mini friends on request :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hi we do have people come to this site whom are looking to rehome there birds, we try to help them find a way of keeping the bird with them and try to support them, It is always recommended that they look at the posts the prospective keeper has made so they can see how they keep the birds and fill more settled if they have to go down the road for rehoming. I am not saying you are not a great parrot lover and great in there care but advising that you will have a better chance of being selected as a good home for there birds by the posts that you make.

you can also try charities and the RSPCA, the site dose not allow naming of charities or advertising from them each can have there own rules that you should look carefully into and understand before committing your self, but there are many birds out there that need to find good homes and I can wish you luck and hope you will be able to help a bird in need, good luck.

3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

As the African Grey Parrots are now covered under CITES Appendix 1 you will need to ensure that you obtain the correct paperwork for the bird, either the Article 10 certificate of f the bird is purchased, or the gifting/unconditional loan certificate if the bird is donated.

MoinZ likes this.
  4. MoinZ

MoinZ Regular Member Registered

I may have this as i have a load of paperwork for each of the parrot if you can specify the article 10 for me would be really helpful thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin