hi everybody having a breakdown here.1st thank you for letting me join your group and letting me pick your brains xx Ray

ronjon

Registered
hi all looking for some help please.I want to buy in Cyprus ,and retire i stay in Scotland .My birds are a African Grey and a Austrailian Cockatoo both ive had for 13yrs+(so my babies),I know they want health certificates thats ok and also that i can fly them there using Turkish airlines via Istanbul but what im worrried about they say should something not be right with paperwork they can order the birds to be destroyed.I really dont want to think of that happening so ive got to get this right . Has anyone ever taken parrots to turkish side of Cyprus

Hello and Welcome i will ask @Parrot797 if he can advise, depending on the species of cockatoo if you need CITES l paperwork but I do know you will need it for the grey, I think there may be different rules depending if you are talking about the Greek or Turkish parts of Cyprus, so I hope some one can guide you

Hello and Welcome i will ask @Parrot797 if he can advise, depending on the species of cockatoo if you need CITES l paperwork but I do know you will need it for the grey, I think there may be different rules depending if you are talking about the Greek or Turkish parts of Cyprus, so I hope some one can guide you
thank you its the Turkish side of Cyrpus x

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Parrot797 is extremely knowledgeable on shipping birds so if he's saying quarantine and there is no option but for them to go into quarantine then I would more than take his word for it that's where they will have to go into.

Other things to think about for me is I would make sure that everything else is also covered and double checked
Get your birds microchipped if they need to be and disease tested
Make sure you use a very good reputable courier who should double check your paperwork, ensure that the birds are incorrect shipping travel boxes
Double check with the airlines that the cargo hold of the plane is heated and what paperwork they require and that you have that plus a set of certified copies just in case anything happens to the originals.
Make sure you have double checked with the airport of destination regarding where you are allowed to quarantine is it at home is it at a boarding quarantine place do they need to be picked up by the quarantine place.
We have had a courier service that we have had dealings with for a member in the past and he was totally brilliant, if you end up needing their contact details just ask :)

Hang on your shipping Scotland to Cyprus?
Have a chat with this company

Back
Top Bottom