Help!

Tonifrax

Registered
Has anyone ever experiences bird of the same gender attempting to mate?

My parrotlets take it turn about for whose on top haha and im not actually sure if either if them are male. I read online males have cobalt on their wings and ive not seen that on my green or blue. They are super close with each other except the odd fight so i assumed one is male and one is female but im really not sure

Michael Reynolds

nearly all birds need a friend and I have a policy that I do not allow my birds to have freedom of my place without having a friend, Birds are like many humans they need a social life and not fill lonely. My Charlie has his followers of four males and one female and feed them all has even tried to mount them all

CaptainHowdy

Birds of the same gender will go through the motions with each other. I had 2 male parrotlets who lived together quite happily until I got more and split them into pairs.

Just got my one male left now though.

Tonifrax

Registered
I think they are both female then. They seem to enjoy each others company more than mine so ive just left them to it. I am looking to get an eclectus as some point in the future as id like to have a bird that i can bond with

CaptainHowdy

I think they are both female then. They seem to enjoy each others company more than mine so ive just left them to it. I am looking to get an eclectus as some point in the future as id like to have a bird that i can bond with
Just keep an eye in case of any over preening happening again but I'm sure they'll be very happy being back together :)

Top Bottom