Hello!!

kimmylf1

Registered
Hiya everyone. I have 2 birds. A very old cockatiel who is just amazing if not a little feisty and i have a new indian ringneck who is just approaching a year old. I say she is female although im not sure yet. My ringneck loves to be out of cage but she does not ever want to go back in. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to train her to go back in? She is a little monkey!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome. the best thing is to restrict feeding to inside the cage. now none of my ringnecks are caged but that's the way I prefer them to be out and flying around and I have food out in the at all times.

Hi Kimmylf1
Welcome to the forum. If you have a nosy in the training section folder you will see there are a few *pinned* posts at the top of the folder by Roz you will find they are great training posts and will help you to train to do most things. I ensure that mine after they have had a good time out of the cage they find something totally yummy and irresistible in their cages when its time to go back in. That way they don't mind going back in. You might want to do a spot of retraining so that your birdie understands that going back in isn't the end of playtime and fun. By this I mean once back in then sometimes they are allowed straight back out again. Or perhaps in for 10 minutes and then out again so that they dont feel that their fun time isn't always over the minute they go back in and it doesn't mean they are locked in there until next fun time later or tomorrow. :)

Thanx for the advice. Il put pics on of my birds. Flash is my old guy and my ringneck is kiwi
9b359718723f46e9afcd5b5dcf12a8eb.jpg
ad09656622ea574ef7b575f10ba31bdd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom