1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello There

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by padge1171, Jul 13, 2019 at 3:35 AM.

1. padge1171

padge1171 Registered

My name is Adam and I have a Congo grey named Lil Padge and he is a chap and 8 years old now and a right character, over preens so can look a bit tatty, tried vets, food, had ultra violet light, lots of new toys, regular showers with aloa Vera spray, and he is totally happy but he just is how he is and as long as he is happy I'm happy [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kendra, Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and dianaT like this.
  2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi and that is one cute little dude you have there :)
    When you do the aloe vera spraying make sure that you do just water spraying every so often to clean any residue off his feathers :)
    I only use aloe vera for my little nudist grey Henni to keep her skin supple and make sure it doesn't dry out too fast none of my others get aloe vera on their feathers. But its like you say if they are happy then we are happy and that's what counts. Looks like a jelly cup in the sunshine is the root to your little ones heart lol look at the intense look on that little face :)

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and padge1171 like this.
  3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hello and welcome Adam, love to hear more about Lil. We are a friendly lot, I have five greys living with me and Holly is a plucker but also the sweetest

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and padge1171 like this.
  4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: from me & my flock. Thank you for the photo what a dear chap your Lil Padge is.:thumbsup:

padge1171 likes this.
  5. padge1171

padge1171 Registered

Thanks everyone, yes he's a star, especially when he shouts go lay down I'm not in the mood.
    My wife used to say it to our old dog, HONESTLY

6. padge1171

padge1171 Registered

The thing is he never has been really bad to the point of actually going bald the vet said after all the tests that he is just over preening but no solution to stop it
    That will be £560 thank you very much bit at least I knew he was a boy.

Kendra likes this.
  7. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

:risas3::risas3::risas3:
    Yes they will want as much from you as they can at the vets but at least you know he is well in him self, sometimes it pays to just ignore the habit and not show that his looks are affecting you. I am waiting for
    Lol to say "not tonight darling, I have got a headache"

8. padge1171

padge1171 Registered

9. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Welcome to the site - its like a good family here, people come with questions, get a lot of good advice and support and keep visiting just for the chat.

Michael Reynolds likes this.