Hello there and help please

Katyb

Registered
Hi my name is Katy... I am new here 😳 I have 3 cockatiels paddy, ozzy and orbit and a kakarikki marley also a cat Stan.... Im desperate need of advice.. Lovely Stan has decided to hang out with a few friends (fleas)... Is there anything I can use around my home that is safe around birds as I can not remove them from my home... Please can anyone help?

CaptainHowdy

Hi my name is Katy... I am new here 😳 I have 3 cockatiels paddy, ozzy and orbit and a kakarikki marley also a cat Stan.... Im desperate need of advice.. Lovely Stan has decided to hang out with a few friends (fleas)... Is there anything I can use around my home that is safe around birds as I can not remove them from my home... Please can anyone help?
You can use diatom powder to kill the fleas. Also called diatomaceous earth powder.
Safe to use around the birds but try and keep it low down when spreading it so it doesn't go everywhere in the air as it is quite fine and can irritate your respiratory system and that of your animals.

You can also mix it in with any cat litter and also put it on the cat bed and the carpet etc.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hmmm interesting.....
You can use those drops that go on the back of the neck for your puddy cat 🐱
And have you every seen a flea light? They are quite good

CaptainHowdy

Hmmm interesting.....
You can use those drops that go on the back of the neck for your puddy cat 🐱
And have you every seen a flea light? They are quite good
I wish we had those when I was younger. I remember using a flea comb on ours and having a bowl of soapy water to put the fleas in! 😂😂

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Personally product wise I use Ardap but you have to be very careful with that stuff I move birds out of room, spray room leaving windows and doors closed. Then after an hour go in and air the room for three hours minimum windows open purifiers at full tilt.
This product though has to be treated with lots of respect it's brilliant but if used incorrectly ...... The consequences are deadly

Top Bottom