1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From South Lincolnshire

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jon-Paul Cooper, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Jon-Paul Cooper

Jon-Paul Cooper Registered

Hi all,

Thanks for letting me join.
    I have been keeping birds since i was about 8 years old (im now in my 40s), after i finished school i went to Kingston Maurward collage in Dorchester to do a small animal care and kennel and cattery management course and i have worked in several pet shops including being a pet adviser at pets at home (its not as bad there as you think) and was even an animal care technician for a collage for a while.
    Along with the many four legged and legless pets i have i currently keep a Red Lored Amazon, Green cheeked conures, a Quaker, Scaly breasted Lorikeets, Budgies, Kakarikis, Mexican house finch (sparrows), Canaries, Green finch, Star finch, Owl finch, Chestnut breasted mannequins, bengalease, zebra finch and various chickens......
    Wow that looks a lot now its typed out.
    Anyway i hope to chat to you all as time goes on :)

cheers jon

ladyc likes this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: welcome from me and my flock - not as big as yours though. I bet they keep you busy.
    I hope you can post up some photos of them as we do love to see photos :thumbsup:

Jon-Paul Cooper likes this.
  3. Jon-Paul Cooper

Hi, ok tomorrows challenge for me then...to photo all my birds lol

dianaT likes this.
  4. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Hi Jon, :welcome: to the forum. That is quite some collection you have there. It must take up a good part of your time. Take a look around and ask any questions you like. Will love to see some photos of your flock when you have worked out what to do. Myself I just drag and drop into the typing window. Ideally a photo about 4-500KB is ideal and I like to make mine about 800 on the long side. Many here can advise on photos if you get stuck.

5. Roz

Roz Regular Member

:welcome: Jon! Wow - your huge menagerie must certainly keep you on your toes!! Can't wait to see pics and hear all about them! I live with a Red-lored Amazon too.

6. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member Registered

:welcome: great to have you.

7. bigbluemacaw

bigbluemacaw Regular Member

Welcome Jon! Great to have such a huge animal lover on board! Love to see the Photos :)

8. Jon-Paul Cooper

Hi all,
    I have tried to up load my pics but it says file to large.. please can someone give me a hint of what to do :)

9. Jon-Paul Cooper

10. Jon-Paul Cooper

well this isnt going well lol, help!

11. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

12. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi and :welcome: to you and your fab flock.

I don't know if it's the quickest or best method....by I go to my photo library then select to email to myself, as that lets me select the size of the attachments....then save the copies from the email and upload them the max size to attach to a post is 2.3 MB

13. Jon-Paul Cooper

thank you, i will give it a go

14. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I use paint, I load photos to the computer open paint load the photo to post then resize the Pixel's. then save the edited photo. I normally use 900 pixel in the top box this will automatically change the vertical amount and the photo will not have a noticeable change

15. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

16. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi from me and my gang and :welcome: to the forum

17. Unicornprincess

Unicornprincess Regular Member Registered

:wave: From Linconshire aswell

18. Zooamazons

Zooamazons Regular Member

Welcome to the forum.

Andrew

19. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I am sure you will get the hang of posting the photos, you can use Flikr, Photobucket or just put them on the desktop and simply drag and drop into the area that you use for typing on the forum. As Michael says, make the longside of the photo 800 or 900 or something like that and I like to keep my photos about 400 or 500KB in size. But I am sure you will find your own favourite way.