1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everyone.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lipsthefish, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Lipsthefish

Lipsthefish Registered

received_10213851423814572.jpeg FB_IMG_1528668859359.jpg Hello everyone, I'm so pleased to have come across this forum, from my brief look around it seems to be packed with information and, more importantly, lots of birdie photos!

I'm lips and I'm owned by Peanut and Alex (as well as 2 Chihuahuas, 3 Canaries, 2 Guinea pigs and tropical fish)

Peanut is a Senegal, I've had him for 2 and a bit years and his previous owner thought he was around 5. He's not sexed but I've always thought of and referred to him as a male. He's a little softy and loves a good head scritch, he says 'cuddle' then, rather dramatically, throws his head to the side for a scratch. If he's not ready to go into his cage when I need him to he clings onto the back of my hair because I can't reach him round there...I always imagine him doing a little evil laugh when he does it!

Alex is an Alexandrine, I've only had her a few weeks and she came to me as 'unwanted' :emoji_slight_frown: I've no idea how old she is (I'm saying she as she has no neck ring) Apparently she squawked too much and wouldn't talk and bites everyone so they no longer wanted her. I can honestly say she's been an absolute sweetheart since day one. She's certainly got a way to go before I could say she's tame but she's stepping up, walking up and down my arm, taking food from me and has never even tried to bite. She settled in really quickly too and knows our little routines. I'm wondering if the noise and chaos in her old home was just too much for her and now she's somewhere calm she feels she can relax.

As a side note, Alex's wings have been clipped (for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would do such a thing, taking away a birds greatest gift) I know nothing about wing clipping and I'm unsure if the feathers will grow back? I get so much pleasure from seeing Peanut flying and I'd love that Alex could too.

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hello and welcome Lips they are lovely photos of your two beauties I will never understand clipping wings. Alex is a fine young lady and who needs a bird to talk. I am pleased you have taken her on

plumsmum and Lipsthefish like this.
  3. Zooamazons

Zooamazons Regular Member

Welcome to the forum.

Andrew

Lipsthefish likes this.
  4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: from me and my flock. Well done for giving those two a good home as Michael said who cares whether a bird can talk or not, sadly it is the first question non parroty people usually ask. As for wing clipping that is something I also disagree with, I hope the feathers grow back in time and lovely Alex will fly with ease.
    Looking forward to hearing more about them.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

hi Lips and :welcome: to the forum. Lovely pics of your birds, and well done for rehoming them and they sound like they’ve found a lovely home with you.
    Hopefully Alex’s cut feathers will mount out over time and the new ones grow OK. We don’t like wing clipping.
    We’re a friendly bunch here, and look forward to hearing more about your birds.

6. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Hello and :welcome: from me and my girlie Roo, my avatar is my boy Plum (RIP) who I lost in March, Roo is a RB2 also. She has had a pretty dreadful wing clip, more like hack tbh! My AV said give her chance to moult them out but if they are too short they don't discard them and donor imping is required. Please have a look at Roo's diary (Members chat)
    as it shows some of her feathers. A good diet is essential for our birds and will help with those feathers, just shout if you need to know anything, nothing is a daft question here. :)

Thank you for taking these two - they have found the right home at last!

TomsMum likes this.
  7. Roz

Roz Regular Member

:welcome: Lips, Peanut and Alex! Peanut sounds like a real character. Hopefully Alex will moult out her "damaged" feathers (maybe some of them this year still) and will be able to join Peanut in flying.

8. Welcome to the forum from us and our flock! This is a great place to get help, info and reassurance. The members are great, really friendly, and there is never 'a silly question', so ask about anything you need to know. It's been a great source of help to us over the years, and of course somewhere to share your cute and funny pics and experiences with the feathered family members.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

9. Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane Alice in Parrotland Regular Member

Hello and welcome from me and mine! :welcome:

10. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Belated hello from me and my gang too :)
    Piccies ….. we :emoji_heart: love piccies on here :biggrin: