Harnesses! Media Overload FAO Lesley ( Three Ladies) Xxxxxx

Nikki h

Mother Hen
Ok so you guys have seen the wonderful pics of daisy! (Trish baby!)

This has inspired me to get the harness on haggis, now he was harness trained as a baby but as he goes out in the aviary in good weather I never kept it up!!

Today I decided I was gonna bite the bullet and try again as those lovely pics of my babies having such fun in their harnesses made my mind up!!

So haggis was first!!!!

He was fine getting it over his head, and eventually manipulated himself well enough that the rest went over each wing!!! Tightened it up no problems and he was absolutely fine, reassuring as we went!!

9D1FBE89-6FE9-4EDE-9EF2-0E62B1E521D2-7503-000009BDD28AA9B4_zps74d3bf2e.jpg

He grumbled abit and found it quite bemusing so I didn't mess about and off we went for a walk round the block and a play in the garden!!

Removal was simple and we are still friends!!

I had a tiny nip off him that was all!! :)

I was totally chuffed that I needed a cuppa then I was trying gypsy!!!

Will upload pics and videos in a mo!!

Now gypsy is a different story, we don't know if she has ever been in a harness, but she loves you to tickle her wings so I wasn't expecting much trouble!!

6FA9EA71-DD4D-4462-98E6-FC9FCAA8F613-7503-000009BDC4A1DF3F_zps8e540d69.jpg

She was a total diamond and barely moved, took her out in the garden and she clocked James watching her through the dinning room!!!

She and James are inseperable and when he is close she gets very protective of him and will give me a bite!!! So he stays away when I have time with her!

We now have a fab relationship too!!

Confidence and trust is so vital!

Will just upload media from phone as its not on iPad!!! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant Nikki. I can just see Bernard allowing me to put a harness on him :laugh:

Well Ann I wasn't expecting it to be easy with haggis!!

He was really not that bad, the kids were out so everywhere was quiet!! No stress lol

Brilliant Nikki, if you like you can pop round to mine and train this lot for me :)

Julie

Wows. Just amazing to watch these videos. Aww gypsy just adores James doesn't she .

WTG nikki you and all the birds are stars , And James is superstar xxxxx

Thanks for showing us .x

Loved watching them Nikki  :thumbsup: Gypsy took to it like second nature, Haggis on the other hand lol 

They are fantastic and what a star James and Gypsy are together. Well done, Haggis reminded me of my TJ she is like that when she has her harness on and can tend to hold onto my finger a bit too tightly :biggrin:  . I can't believe how good Gypsy was,you would think she was used to wearing it on a daily basis, she is such a lovely bird. Thanks for sharing.

Thats funny as just today i thought i wish i kept up with luna and wondered if i should try it

brilliant videos nikki, ty for sharing..haggis sounds like luna..you can tell they are brothers lol

Back
Top Bottom