Happy life

Charliebird

Registered
Hi, I'm new here and I think my owner is very naughty as he feeds me the things I like, I have the occasional crisp which I love I also love a teaspoonful of ice cream, peanut butter, boiled rice, and I love my veg, but especially if it's steamed, I like to sit on his arm whilst he is eating so I can select what I want or don't want,,,I have a massive cage which stays open all day and is only shut when it's bedtime, I just love being with him and I follow him about everywhere even out in the garden where we sit in the sun and chill,,I do like to pluck my chest feathers though, it's something I have always done, I know it upsets him but it's a habit I can't break, I'm not bored, I am very happy as long as he doesn't put anything new near me or try to bathe me, I hate that,, I know he reads all sorts of posts about what you can and can't feed parrots so he does worry,about me, but I'm fine and I do like my tidy mix parrot feed, on the rare occasion if he annoys me, I get a handful of it and throw it out my cage, that used to get a reaction but it doesn't anymore so I don't bother doing it much, anyway, I'm twenty two and I'm a happy African grey,,,have any of you guys got naughty owners that feed you the wrong things? Bye for now, Charliebird

Michael Reynolds

Hello and welcome Charlie, what is it with you Greys that pluck and have crisps, I was like that once
IMG_0277.JPG

this is me Holly. now you are not training your owner properly are you, you need your fresh veg and some fresh fruit in your diet, it will help to keep you strong and healthy and just think you may have all the lady greys coming after you including me. I will carry on talking with you later as I am just going to get my slave to bathe me and massage my neck. you do not realize just how relaxing it is, and I for one will not want to have a partner that dose not wash. well I will be going out into the garden later and playing with my doll and pram

Charliebird

Registered
Hello and welcome Charlie, what is it with you Greys that pluck and have crisps, I was like that once
View attachment 29520

this is me Holly. now you are not training your owner properly are you, you need your fresh veg and some fresh fruit in your diet, it will help to keep you strong and healthy and just think you may have all the lady greys coming after you including me. I will carry on talking with you later as I am just going to get my slave to bathe me and massage my neck. you do not realize just how relaxing it is, and I for one will not want to have a partner that dose not wash. well I will be going out into the garden later and playing with my doll and pram

Michael Reynolds

yes I am very happy but the other greys that live with me are couples Reggie is with Molly and Max is with Mo, mind you I do love my slave but he refuses to play naughty games like strokes all the way down my back or let me regurgitate on him.

Attachments

Charliebird

Registered
Hi Holly and thank you for replying to me, I hope I didn't mislead you, but, although my name is Charliebird I am a female the same as you, my previous owner thought I was a male until he took me to the vet who told him otherwise, my owner gives me fresh fruit and veg every day, I especially like carrot, broccoli, peas, celery, swede, parsnip,,but it doesn't stop me pinching his when it's steamed off his plate, I also like a sip of his tea as well, but he usually tricks me and puts water in his cup!, I can peel an orange and apple and a bit of banana,,,and he does bathe me once a week, but it hate it and I click at him and refuse to flap my wings but on rare occasions when I think he is not looking, I have a quick dip in my water bowl, I think he is planning to take me out in the garden next time it rains so I really am enjoying this dry spell!😂 Anyway, must go now as he is going to get his book out, and I do like to help him with that,, or anything else he thinks he can do without me!!

Michael Reynolds

Oh you are female, my luck is out again, well we can still be friends. I love being out side when its raining I love to see a photo of you? have you laid any eggs yet I normally lay a few each year ?

dianaT

Staff member
:welcome: I haven't a Grey any more bit do have other parrots.
It sounds like you have a good diet apart from the odd crisp and things that are really for humans, could be the crisps especially the salt content that makes you want to have a go at your chest feathers? Nice to
hear you enjoy your Tidymix which is what all mine have plus your fruit & veggies. Overall I think you do very well.

Charliebird

Registered
:welcome: I haven't a Grey any more bit do have other parrots.
It sounds like you have a good diet apart from the odd crisp and things that are really for humans, could be the crisps especially the salt content that makes you want to have a go at your chest feathers? Nice to
hear you enjoy your Tidymix which is what all mine have plus your fruit & veggies. Overall I think you do very well

I know my owner licks the salt off before he gives me a piece of crisp, but I will let him know that things may not be as bad as he thinks,, thanks for replying

Charliebird

Registered
Oh you are female, my luck is out again, well we can still be friends. I love being out side when its raining I love to see a photo of you? have you laid any eggs yet I normally lay a few each year ?
I haven't laid any eggs yet (not since I came to live with my owner in November anyway) but I love ripping up newspapers, and I drag them under my cage and make a little nest out of them where I like to go and think now and then so who knows, maybe I will lay an egg one day!! I will try and send a pic, I know there is a video of me doing my weightlifting, I will try and sent that,, I do it with my very favourite toy, my bell,, I really love my bell and play with it a lot,, I ignore all my other toys unless I'm throwing them out my cage, but my owner puts them back when I'm not looking!
PS I have tried to upload pic and vid with no success sorry about that,,I blame his I pad!

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey Charliebird lovely to meet you 😊 tell your daddy to have a look for Nims Crisps they are a healthy alternative for those addicted to the odd nibble. Made from air dried veggies and fruit and no salt (which is what's bad for us) and they have a lovely crackle packet just like the naughty ones 😁
I got my human slave to make mine for me and she pops them into an old walkers crisp packet cos I have addiction that also means the mere sound of the packet sends me into a frenzy!
Love Henni Penni the grey

Charliebird

Registered
Hey Charliebird lovely to meet you 😊 tell your daddy to have a look for Nims Crisps they are a healthy alternative for those addicted to the odd nibble. Made from air dried veggies and fruit and no salt (which is what's bad for us) and they have a lovely crackle packet just like the naughty ones 😁
I got my human slave to make mine for me and she pops them into an old walkers crisp packet cos I have addiction that also means the mere sound of the packet sends me into a frenzy!
Love Henni Penni the grey
Thank you Henni Penni,, you have made my day, I will get my man to get some of those crisps, and I know what you mean about the sound of a crisp packet, just watching him go to the cupboard is enough to get me doing a little dance and banging the tray that is fixed to part of my cage!
PS my owner is very happy that he has found this site as he just wants to try and do the best for me,,although he does say I have taken over the whole house and that I'm worse than a four year old, but not sure what that means, I just know that he loves me very much, and I am happy as long as I am with him,,,,I don't like his wife very much though, we just tolerate each other, as long as she doesn't come too close!! All the best Charliebird

Top Bottom