1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy 70th Nhs

Discussion in 'Celebrations' started by dianaT, Jul 5, 2018.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

"THE NHS WILL LAST AS LONG AS
    LONG AS THERE ARE FOLK LEFT
    WITH FAITH TO FIGHT FOR IT"

ANEURIN BEVAN

:ura: :applaudit::applaudit: :ura:

JessCheekyMia and Rain like this.
  2. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Yes hope so, looking a sick old man atm.

Hubby recieved an appointment for Dermatology and a cancellation letter in the same envelope yesterday. Why? Because they arranged an appoint out of the the urgent 2 week period which would have been great btw, good day and time and he has to wait for another now. Crazy or what?

3. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

We are very lucky to have the NHS. I know they make mistakes, they have made loads with me, but we all make mistakes that is only human. However they have looked after me so well since I was 3 years old. They make special provisions for me and I can't thank them enough. They treat me as if I am a special person and treat me so well.

Thank you NHS, don't know where I would be if we didn't have it.

4. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

I have not had a good NHS experience this week!
    I do not find it has improved much given all the technology available on the admin side since I worked in the NHS in the 80s and 90s. It is a great shame that an element of the support staff seems to share the couldn’t give a .......... which plagues so much of the customer service world we have these days. I would love to see more passion and commitment, like there used to be.

5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

The NHS is what had made this country a great and safer place to live with prolonged health for its people. Ok its the people whom serve in it that makes a great service and the many whom are dedicated in helping others. I have never known a time with out the NHS as I am too young but like many males I am reluctant to use it unless it is necessary in my own opinion. I could never take a doctor or medical staff to court owing to a mistake as I know that even with all the experience and professionalism genuine mistakes and slip ups can and will happen. these cases are still not common but when they do happen it gets in the news. I support all from the cleaner to the surgeon from the office worker to the supplier its a massive organisation that I do not think will ever be perfect but it will always be very good.

6. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

I got an appointment letter yesterday … for cardiology department a bit worrying wasn't waiting to see cardiology!
    Letter says check the website to find out what is expected ….. there isn't a web page dealing with this …. Middle of the letter gives the appointments desk. So rang up ….. 18 times as nobody answering the phone just rings and rings and rings, tried the PALs team also no reply but eventually does go to an answer phone, tried main appointments … also no reply. Eventually rang the main hospital switchboard and told her that I can't get an answer from anywhere. She asked what the problem was so she could find me the correct person or department that way. Bless her she actually knew the answer! Apparently the familial hypercholesterolemia clinic from the usual hospital I go to are borrowing rooms in the other hospital cardiology departments as they have rooms free on a Wednesday so they are trying to get through some of the people they are late in seeing from the list they have. Would have been useful if that had been put in the letter. But have the answer now so well done the telephone switchboard lassie for sorting it :)

TomsMum likes this.
  7. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Brilliant lady there on the switchboard....glad someone knew what was going on :)

DizzyBlue likes this.
  8. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

odd how it's always the one you least expect it to be :) she was awesome though