1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess What?

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by angel_uk, Jan 1, 2019.

1. angel_uk

angel_uk Regular Member Registered

Well guess what?
    Ive been listening to kiwi chatter lately (weve been working on talk for few months now).
    Only recently I started saying "budgie budgie budgie" to him amongst few other words.
    I wasnt sure at first but now i am and hubby is too.
    Hes started to say it. This is the first step to him learning some words.
    We love it so much. I hope he carries on and with time says another word.
    Soo proud of him:emoji_blush:

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Budgies hold the record for the most amount of words so it dose not surprise me that Kiwi is trying to talk

3. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

You obviously have a very clever budgie there and if it shows interest in talking its good to encourage it. Try to encourage other things too to show its full personality like basic tricks such as turning round, recall training etc and a good thing to try and teach is for him to say your postcode, Just dont let your fire and gas alarm go off when he is within earshot, I have done that and its caused me plenty of false alarms, haha.

angel_uk likes this.
  4. angel_uk

angel_uk Regular Member Registered

Lol thats funny .
    Yeah we will definitely carry on working with him.hes still not 100% trusting and comfortable with us and does get spooked by some hand movements etc but with time we hope we'll build up proper trust and bond.

5. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

This is excellent news! It sounds like he is starting to feel content. I hope he carries on improving x

angel_uk likes this.