Growing Lychee From Seed

Wakizashi21

Hello everyone,

Haven’t posted in a while so thought id ask about planting seeds of a Lychee. Over the last few months definitely have started to grow a lemon tree, strawberries and lychee from seed and i find it really soothing and therapeutic.

A question: if the taproot is accidentally cut at the top (non other than my little mini me) can it still grow back? Its basically the main root that came out of the seed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
If there are no other roots besides the tap root … unfortunately little seed is errrr not going to stay long …. tap root as I know them are from the bottom of the seed going downwards are you talking about the upwards shoot? If so …. hmmm might sprout side ways but not hopeful...
Next time stick a jam jar upside down on top and it will stop the "mini me" snapping the top off a little bit of protection until you can get there in time lol

Wakizashi21

If there are no other roots besides the tap root … unfortunately little seed is errrr not going to stay long …. tap root as I know them are from the bottom of the seed going downwards are you talking about the upwards shoot? If so …. hmmm might sprout side ways but not hopeful...
Next time stick a jam jar upside down on top and it will stop the "mini me" snapping the top off a little bit of protection until you can get there in time lol
Lol i put them out in the garden to get some sunshine....and when i got back home from work...little one did his own gardening...stripped some of the plants completely lol

Im hoping it grows sideways as its actually really lovely plant...tough to get it to that stage too so reli gutted. Im talking about the stem coming up...might have confused myself too lol its slightly turned black from the top...but its still standing strong atm so might give it a chance

Wakizashi21

I seem to have a lot of semi dead plants - I always say they have 2 chances - survive or die, but I wont give up on them until they are really curled up and obviously not going to revive
I will give it a shot. Im really hoping it survives. Its a fast growing plant for sure...but fingers crossed

Top Bottom