1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grey/silver Peregrine Found In Cimla (sa11) On 24th February 2019 #foundbirds #foundpets

Discussion in 'Found Birds' started by PetsLocated, Feb 24, 2019.

1. PetsLocated

PetsLocated Regular Member

2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Flipping heck! Wonder if its a pet or a leg rung wild one?
    The peregrines we had nesting here last few years on the chemical site and that they put the information in the local news about have both been found dead within a week of each other :( odd both of the pair are deceased with in a couple of days of each other just having been released information to the press makes me wonder if its deliberate poisoning.

3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I just wondering has someone has been poisoning the rats around the area, and the birds had taken advantage of the sick and dead rats. being an industrial site these birds keep the pigeons away and its a great loss, I just hope it was not a deliberate act and so sad to here of there deaths.

4. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

They don't have rats there and its a huge chemical plant that is well protected but the birds obviously do fly into the surrounding fields
    The peregrines were taking pigeons that were feeding on the grain that goes into the furnace there
    Since they have been nesting there for the past few years and its only last September that it was made public in the news that they are there my thoughts are more of poison both parent birds dead in under a week is suspicious since the birds know their way around the site.
    BTO were notified of the deaths as they were leg rung but don't think that the bodies were sent for analysis to find cause of death
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-en...grine-chicks-reared-at-saltend-chemical-plant
    https://www.robertefuller.com/diary/filming-a-peregrine-falcon-nest-in-an-extreme-zone/