Going on holifay

Sallyann

Registered
Hi all I'm new to a feathered baby I have a kakarikis. I've had him about 2 months and I'm just about to go on holiday for a week can I ask for the best advice on care. Do i take him to my aunt bit he won't be coming out his cage, he's hand reared or do i take him to my friends who will get him him out but still means travelling. Other option is take him with me but it's 2 hours and I don't want him stressed. The other option I've read is someone coming in a few times a day. Any advice is appreciated.

Roz

Ooooh I don't know. It depends on the bird. Does he prefer your aunt or your friend? Who is more comfortable handling/feeding him? You could indeed take him with you if you are able to care for him. When I moved from London to Jersey the birds all had to stay in their travel cages for 12 hours. They were absolutely fine. The one who I thought would be stressed enjoyed the journey the most!

Sallyann

Registered
Ooooh I don't know. It depends on the bird. Does he prefer your aunt or your friend? Who is more comfortable handling/feeding him? You could indeed take him with you if you are able to care for him. When I moved from London to Jersey the birds all had to stay in their travel cages for 12 hours. They were absolutely fine. The one who I thought would be stressed enjoyed the journey the most!
Hi thank u for coming back to me it's a hard one he likes them both im just worried he will come back a different bird. I think I might take him with me and next time see if I can get someone to come round a few times a day I just dont want to make the wrong decision. He did go to my aunt's for a couple of nights the other week but came home nervous and not himself i wasn't sure why I guess sulking as missed us

Reactions: Roz

Michael Reynolds

My thoughts are that if you decide not to take him then he has already been to your Aunts and he has come back to you after then he will most likely know that he will only be there for a short time and will not stress so much.

Top Bottom