Getting another cockatiel

niamhandori

Registered
I’m thinking of getting Koji a friend. I think he’d benefit from a little friend. Especially since he’s young still.
So i’m thinking of letting them be in the same cage (obviously after the bird quarantine is over so they would have separate cages in case they didn’t along and for the quarantine)
But right now I don’t know Koji’s gender so i want to know if i have a male and female bird together will they breed? I don’t want any babies!

RoyJess

If you don't want them to breed, don't provide them with a nesting box and if they do lay eggs, you can switch them out for fake ones, we purchased some on the net and then destroy the real eggs before they develop or alternatively you can blow the eggs (putting small holes in each end and blow out the contents) and put them back into the nest. Don't forget to warm the fake/blow eggs up before putting them in the nest.

niamhandori

Registered
If you don't want them to breed, don't provide them with a nesting box and if they do lay eggs, you can switch them out for fake ones, we purchased some on the net and then destroy the real eggs before they develop or alternatively you can blow the eggs (putting small holes in each end and blow out the contents) and put them back into the nest. Don't forget to warm the fake/blow eggs up before putting them in the nest.
thank you very much.

Top Bottom