1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frying Pans

Discussion in 'For Sale and Bargain Links' started by TomsMum, Jan 12, 2018.

1. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

DizzyBlue, Roz, dianaT and 2 others like this.
  2. Stinkie

Stinkie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have a couple of GreenPans, they are very good!

Roz likes this.
  3. Roz

Roz Regular Member

Oooooooh thank you @TomsMum ! I have just ordered them! Have a stainless steel frying pan that sticks like crazy and is not fun to use.

TomsMum likes this.
  4. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

i like the look of them might just treat myself

TomsMum likes this.
  5. RoyJess

RoyJess Regular Member

6. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

The George Foreman's is a no-no I seem to remember haven't seen this new one.
    Can't remember who checked them out .... wonder if it was Brenda @Bradders or Jude ... @TomsMum
    Jenni do you know? @sunnyring

7. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

not a clue sorry! I use stainless steel & enamel mostly (& curse cleaning them... still it reduces the allure of fried food as you have to REALLY fancy a bacon sarnie to do that cleaning..!)

8. RoyJess

RoyJess Regular Member

The Hairy Bikers Grill has a ceramic coating (not Teflon)

9. Bradders

Bradders Parrot Power! Staff Member Moderator

Wasn’t me Tascha, I investigated the Tefal Actifry.

10. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

I use just plain small ceramic frying pans, not pricey, the only time I had problems cleaning was when I burnt soothing in one, threw it out.

11. Ararajuba

Ararajuba Regular Member

We fry food fairly frequently (well, I do, as Mrs A usually persuades me to do most of the cooking here), and generally use a smallish, deep, solid ceramic pan for this. It's not specifically non-stick, but it does seem to stick a lot less than stainless steel, or any enamel pan I have used, and is also much easier to clean than these.

We do have a cast iron pan too, but it hasn't had a lot of use lately, as it's not very suitable for things like stir fries, which we eat quite often (we rarely fry more suitable items such as meat here due to Mrs A's vegetarianism). It's also ridiculously heavy which makes it hard for her to use safely - even I find it a bit tricky to handle - and takes a lot of work to clean and maintain adequately. It constantly requires oiling and re-seasoning, and rusts at a ferociously rapid rate if you fail to oil it immediately after cleaning, take food out of it as soon as it's cooked, etc. If cared for and used properly it doesn't stick too much, but it's all a lot of trouble. I suspect that when we move to a proper house it will be assigned to barbecue duties, for which it's better suited than the kind of everyday cooking we generally do here. The ceramic pan is more versatile and causes a lot less trouble, so we've barely used the cast iron one since we got it (or our old steel one, which sticks on a whim, and I got throroughly sick of scrubbing it for what seemed like days on end).