Fruit And Berries

Bob

Bird Whisperer
Staff member
Admin
The following are all safe and make a welcome treat for your Parrot.
Fruit
Apple
Apricot
Banana
Clementine
Coconut
Date
Damson
Fig
Grape
Greengage
Orange
Kiwi
Lychee
Mandarin
Mango (Peel thoroughly before serving and only give when fully ripe)
Melon
Papaya (Peel thoroughly before serving and only give when fully ripe)
Passion Fruit
Pear
Peach
Persimmon
Pineapple
Plum
Pomegranate
Satsuma
Tangerine

Berries
Blackberry
Blackcurrant
Bilberry
Blueberry
Cherry
Cranberry
Elderberry
Gooseberry
Hawthorn berry
Loganberry
Mulberry
Raspberry
Rose-hips
Rowan berry
Sea-buckthorn

i have rosemary in the garden and elder - can i feed elder flowers. and are there ant precautions that i should be taking - I dont spray but do i need to remove insects. ho nearly forgot ! can i feed citrus fruits with the peel?

Google says that elder flower is safe in small doses but not the berries as they are toxic . Check on google for more info as there is a few different reports

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never give orange apple cherry lemon or anything like that , Ha ha ha pips I mean. The only thing pip wise I give is papaya ,pumpkin

Opps i have not deseeded friut

I would not feed cherry on the bases that the pips are poisonous to humans too.

what about the seeds in bell peppers and chilli?

They are fine Tina, the favourite part of chilli's for mine :thumbsup:

papaya seeds are ok too? I have read you can freeze them and give bit by bit is that right?

My 2 love papaya seeds and I freeze them , same with pomegranate I freeze the seeds as well

papaya seeds are great for them, you can freeze them yeah :thumbsup:

Glad I read this - was wondering about fresh pineapple yesterday - so decided not to give it to Rambo just in case and was going to research it for next time - thanks.

Never knew you could freeze pomegranite - mind you it never lasts long  - opps should change that to it never lasted long with my two but now that there is only Rambo I might need to freeze some...

Another Fruit that's a no no is tomatoes they are 2 acidic for birds and can cause ulcers.

Just to clarify....all green parts of the Tomato plant are poisonous so do not feed...

but it ripe fruit is OK..... It's some vets who say they are too acidic can lead to ulcers, but like most things a little here and there shouldn't be a problem. 

Back
Top Bottom