Friday 9th August

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, well the rain & winds reached us and its been pouring down since yesterday evening. The family are coming down today for 2 weeks so it won't be a nice journey. Hoping the bad weather passes as next week is the Pembrokeshire County Show from Tues - Thurs.
How's things there @Yellowchickenparrot ?
Oh well onwards and upwards.
Hope you al manage a nice day.

cazimodo

Morning everyone. It's like November here this morning. Blustery, raining and cool.

The light (or lack of it) confused my internal clock this morning and I woke up about 20 mins later than normal. I never need an alarm as I just tell myself the night before when I want to wake up, but sometimes the mechanism goes a little wonky like today

We think the bats have now moved on for the year as there appears to be no more movement in the walls. I think they migrate to their next roost once the babies are ready to go. It gives me a nice feeling knowing that our house is a bat breeding roost and nursery [emoji846]. Just need to make sure we get all the ingress routes plugged up before next year so we don't lose any more from being trapped inside the house.

Have a lovely day y'all, and stay dry.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Kendra

Hi there this early afternoon, a little late but never mind.
We had a lot or rain during the night, fine by me when in bed and a sunny day here today.

We had bats in Scotland but the young started to come into the house there too, had husband block all the entrances through, they could still use the roof space. Not sure where they went in autumn/winter.

We have the electricians in so birds having a great time shouting and singing to them, dog barking none stop.

Hope the rain has not done any damage for anyone and you all have a sunny day.

Tonya

1A2B77AF-8E6C-47CB-A1FA-E21B36F38450.jpeg Hello from North London. Hope everyone is well. Cloudy and warm with a few pockets of sunshine. Chu Chu doing well so far less biting, trying to fly to me and land (more like flying into me). Landed on my head and played hairdresser.

dianaT

Staff member
Still waiting for family to arrive they have been travelling 7hrs already (from Kent) traffic is horrendous and slow. Only just got over the Severn Bridge.

Tonya

Good evening, no luck finding Ruby yet my flock are all fine its was raining this morning for a few hours but then sunshine and very warm I hope you all have a great evening
It might be worth finding someone with a drone to help you find Ruby?! People look for any excuse to fly those things. Glad to hear the rest of your flock is okay.x

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Sorry for the late one been out alday. The rain is crazy and the wind is picking up now but only 40mph gusts at the moment. We have had a few power cuts today all ready.

Michael Reynolds

finding a licenced operator and getting permission for flying it over privet land and peoples homes I think will be ok providing they give consent. I had thought of buying a good quality drone but the licence fee to be completely legal is not cheep, most of the area is farm land lots of trees I have a good set of binoculars and go out with a bird or two to help attract a missing bird, this time of year there are lots of fruits and grasses around and small rivers with plenty of shelter from the trees and woods, weather has not been bad so I am hoping the bird will keep away from predators and look for humans for help. it looked quit fit on the last sighting. I think we are lucky that we missed the worst of the weather

Kendra

@Michael Reynolds That is the problem Michael, lots of food around so they do OK on their own but now the weather has changed I understand, they may be starting to have problems. Never thought about getting a drone to find my dog, she was born in the wild so not really a problem for her at the moment.

Top Bottom