Friday 8th November 2019

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning peeps

Well looks like another really wet day in store with more Amber and Yellow rain warnings https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2019-11-08

Looking at the news from yesterday Sheffield really got badly hit in areas with lots of flooding. Meadowhall looks like an island and people having to stay in there over night

Lots and lots of flooding warnings last night needless to say I am watching the water levels here too after having got flooded a few years go. Going for a walk down to look at the Haven at the top of the street in a couple of minutes to check out the levels. The Haven drains all the land around here and also a lot of the villages inland so he get a heck of a water amount coming through. Defo need to get me some groovy wellies.

Err just checked the local pumping station info outputs before heading out the door ….. 5.45pm it was 0.8m and at the moment when the tide is on the ebb (where the water pumps out to) errrr level has just kept climbing instead of going down … currently sat at 1.95m it floods at 2m which is the highest it can record.....

Whatever your up to today stay safe and warm

Last edited:

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, my goodness have seen on the TV News just ow reports of the flooding and Hebden bBidge, lovely there been there. Do hope you are all safe plus your birdies and other pets.

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Morning my parrot friends, crazy amounts of rain here to, some places are flooded but its just smaller roads and fords that can be avoided but I bet some stupid people will go through them and get stuck. Playgroup this morning yay two hours of crazy kids. Errr we are a couple of days away from confirming our windows to be made so they will be done in January. I think I'm going to try get the birds out the house, maybe in the garage as although its cold in there, feeling bit stressed with what to do.

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
A warning to anyone attempting to drive through flood water. Your engine needs air to run and the air intake is often at the front of the vehicle with a scoop designed to funnel the air into the air intake pipe. When you go plowing into water this scoop literally scoops water and can blow your engine to bits. Not to mention the amount of electronics on cars now mean you will likely suffer electric problems to. I have just pulled my friend out of a Ford that was not over my wellies his van is now probably going to the scrap yard.

bikergirl Carol

morning all. the clouds are peeing again. Durham river burst its bank again. its not supprising for durham it happens a lot when it rains like this.
safe day everyone x

dianaT

Staff member
We actually have a bright sunny day down here in Pembrokeshire,nice to see a blue sky.

Kendra

Sorry but the same here, bright and sunny this morning but dull and damp now. We did have worse rain in June and it lasted 4 days, Yorkshire has hills so could have been worse. Shame about the lady, not sure why but that really hit me, I doubt I know her.

My husband is busy doing "things" to the bird room, leave him to it, he seems happy.

Michael Reynolds

Good afternoon every one, well it was a chilly start with ice in puddles a little slippery on the roads. had to use fog lights as I went from my place to the A21. but that soon cleared and although still dark the sky was free of clouds, well the sun did come out and it warmed up quite a bit but by 2pm it was cloudy and fine rain.

the birds are all wanting my attention and all excited so I will be under there command shortly, Stay safe out there and have a good day

Top Bottom