1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday 5th April

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Felt lousy this morning so after I checked the birds, gave them fresh food and changed the paper I had a coffee and then had another 90 minutes. Its a bright day here with plenty of sun already and the forecast is for plenty of it. A light moderate wind will get lighter from SE and in all I can see a good day infront.

The birds are well and fine and Roxy is tarting himself up yet again, perhaps he wants to get close with his bit on the side. Nacho is on his circular swing going from side to side like a lunatic. He loves that swing and I really should order another one ready for if and when this one becomes too rough. Christ, I am looking back at Roxy now and he has his tail feathers fanned out and he is preening each one in turn.

I got up as I said and felt lousy but a coffee and another kip plus a shave has refreshed me. I must admit, dont shave every day. I got a couple of things being delivered today, one is 12.75kg of Niger seeds but they are for the neighbour, I am getting a lot here interested in the Nigers/Goldfinches. I also am expecting a mini phone this time from eBay. It is as big as my thumb maximum and I should have had one before but that was ordered on Amazon which I never got so I was refunded. With this forecast for today I can see a wash being done so I better get ready. Ohhh, just looked out to sea and it dont look too clever, perhaps I should wait an hour incase the deluge comes.

Have a Great Friday Everyone and to those not well, Get Well Soon as its the weekend

Cheers

Nigel

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, good to have heating in the house again. It is dull here today but not quite as cold.
    I have so much to do today with daughter & boys coming tomorrow so I best get a move on.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.
  3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Sounds like you will be busy Diana, good morning all, its a sunny start and looks much better than yesterday, lots of wind and rain during the day, the birds are back in good singing voices today. I hope you fill better later Tomsmum and every one else that is not feeling to good today. have a good day.

4. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning folks...I’m getting there slowly..... I think my brain is still asleep though! First job was to reset all things electrical as the RCD had tripped again, but rang the power company and I think it was because they had been earlier and down the work on our supply pole.... it was fizzing, banging and arcing in the wet yesterday. They are supposedly looking at upgrading the infrastructure.... well that would be good!
    There’s heavy cloud cover, so i guess more rain to come.
    Better try and get going...got to get the slow cooker going for dinner!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  5. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

hello all, cool and cloudy here but OK. Shopping this morning and managed to find grapes at last (none available at any of the 3 supermarkets last week) and a fresh pomegranate so that will please Dora. The range and sometimes quality of fruit & veg is variable here, with much more emphasis on things being seasonal, and I am now growing chillie peppers for her as its rare to find them!
    Hope all of you that are feeling rough soon feel better.

6. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

@Nigalius or any one in Scotland, they are saying there Is a good chance to see the northern light tonight if its not cloudy

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.
  7. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Ooh
    Oooh, Lovely I remember seeing a little bit when we lived in the North East of Scotland when I was a child. Twinkly stars here tonight but rain by morning. Night night.