1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday 4th January

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dianaT, Jan 4, 2019.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning

Another frosty one down here.

Yesterday hubby placed a banana skin with some fruit left in it on top of Tommy cage as he loves nibbling at that, the skin moved to the edge and it looked like Tommy slipped on it as he squawked and slipped down the front of his cage. I have to say we did laugh though at Tommy slipping on a banana skin .

Hope everyone has a decent day.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Nigalius likes this.
  2. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Morning, another -4 here but sun coming round. Dora gave us a fright yesterday as she spooked at something and flew into a mirror (that she knows is there). I think she clipped it briefly,she flew off into the kitchen. We kept a close eye on her - she wasnt stunned or anything, and she has been fine, eating , drinking , playing, preening etc but really gave us a scare! Current furniture including said wardrobe with mirror will be going when we move our own stuff over here.

dianaT and Nigalius like this.
  3. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning Diana and All to follow...

Am on late here as I was on Facetime to Adelaide for ages from my iPad. Its a cold morning here again but dont have the heavy frost of yesterday. Winds are light and the temps might reach 5c so not too bad.

Birds are fine and hope they enjoy the new chop I made them. They always make these different noises when I have been out for a day even though someone has been here for part of the time to keep them company. They must be pleased I am back.

I'm still clicking my heels after yesterdays great news and think I will treat myself to a kebab or Chinese later. I have an appointment on 10th for the anxiety and then have to see the Oncologist on 27th Feb. There is also a CT scan sometime around the beginning of Feb as well but these appointments are slowing down at last. I got to rush now, am way behind in doing my normal things and only has 2 coffees, Haha

Have a Great Friday Everyone and Get Well Soon all those that are poorly

Cheers

Nigel

dianaT likes this.
  4. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Morning everyone
    Was it @Bradders who recommended the konmari method?
    Ive been watching her show on netflix, its interesting and I do like her clothes folding tips.

Archie is very hormonal but ive been reading that shouldnt happen till spring really?
    Got furniture to throw out and new stuff to build up today

5. Rain

Rain Parrot Sniffer Regular Member

Ri's a bit hormonal too ....... looking for small spaces, and trying to feed and mate with my hand.
    I think the central heating messes up their seasons.

6. Heather2131

I was thinking that too, how do they know what season it is and we have had the house warm lately with the heating @Rain

Rain likes this.
  7. Rain

I've also noticed that Ri is starting to get itchy again and picking his feathers - like he was doing in the summer. So I've upped the humidity a bit, in case the central heating is drying his skin out.

8. Rain

Yep, a mirror is what caused my Ri's accident (well he spooked with a loud noise from neighbours, flew into a mirror, then fell backwards). I knew straight away that there was something wrong with him by how he was acting - so, hopefully, if your Dora is behaving normally, then she will be ok. They're such a worry, aren't they?

9. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

yes that time of the year that can change the behaviour of our birds, well Molly is now found a spot under my gramophone (yes it is a wind up one ) I just hope she dose not make a hole in the bottom while she uses the space to lay as I would not want her to get to my 78 Elvis collection. Reggie is standing guard and not wanting me to check on her. had a day mainly out posting CV,s around but I must say I felt so cold I was glad to get back in doors. u hope you all have a good evening

Rain likes this.
  10. Heather2131

Got my new wardrobe up, Phoebe christened it by doing a lovely poop on the top, cleaned it up and now have a fleece on the top
    Phoebe keeps threatening to chew it, Archie is surfing on the fleece haha

Takes the fun out of new furniture when im just sitting here watching them like a hawk that they dont damage it :risas3: bring on bedtime.

11. Bradders

Bradders Parrot Power! Staff Member Moderator

So so sorry for late reply, only just seen this! It was probably me who recommended the konmari method as I just love her! I started doing it ages ago and am still tidy now! I’m so cautious of what I buy now and really appreciate what I have. I’m far less stressed as know where everything I own is! I love how I can open a drawer and see everything I own. Definitely recommend!

I binge watched her show on New Year’s Day! Did not move until I’d seen all episodes! Bliss!

Heather2131 likes this.
  12. Heather2131

I do the same now @Bradders my mam laughed when I showed her my drawers where you could see my tops neatly folded all in a row :risas3:
    I think its a really good way to live, people accumulate far too many possessions I think. Reminds me of the song by Eddie Vedder - Society

13. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

Hi everyone happy new year to you all . So sorry i have been away for so long but it's been nothing but hospital appointmens i won't go into details we will be here till next year :pancarta: . The year has not started well im just woundering when our happy new year will start sadly been a very rough time for Tom & i but muddling through as you do . Hope i canger back into the swing of things on here it's like been new all over again . Will be back shortly as tablet runing low grrrr .

14. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I am sorry the year has started so badly for you both. but its good to see you back Shirley,

15. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

Thank you Michael it's nice to be back as i have missed you all terribly x

16. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

Im going to have to put Tapatalk if i can back on my phone i seem to get lost with the tablet and can not join in with anything cry .

17. Bradders

I had the same reaction from OH but now months later, he has organised his drawers in exactly the same way. I think Marie Kondo is a marmite kind of person, people either love her or hate her. I think you don’t truly understand until you have tried it for yourself. I no longer get stressed because I can’t find xyz as I know exactly where things are. Cleaning is so so easy and takes a fraction of the time and the things you keep you develop a new appreciation for. I completely agree with you it’s a good way to live. AND I’ve been researching. Surrounding yourself with clutter makes your brain work harder to make sense of its surroundings so you feel calmer by decluttering. That is definitely true of what I’ve found! Sorry for the rambling but I’m so passionate about this! :)

Heather2131 likes this.
  18. Heather2131

Totally agree @Bradders and its something I've taken to naturally as well
    I live in a house with hoarders, the amount of stuff they keep or put in the "junk room" so my own room I keep clearing out things I no longer use or need or that doesn't "spark joy" haha I do love my room to be clutter free, I get quite depressed and frustrated when its a mess.
    She is so nice too, I thought she might be quite judgemental about those people's houses but shes so nice and smiley all the time, now im rambling on :risas3:

19. Bradders

I agree, she’s totally adorable! Her eyes light up when she sees the mess! My OH is a hoarder but he’s getting there... haha! What really makes me laugh is how people will put stuff into ‘storage’ and pay someone to keep hold of the clutter they have no room for and I bet they’ve not looked in these containers for years!