Friday 31st July 2020

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning all....
Ok so looks like I am not going to bed.... Sleep is definitely eluding me, so thought I would start the morning thread lol
There is a new lock down notification starting today in the northern England locations please ensure you check your areas as quite a number of places have been named due to virus transmission increases
Have been out for a wander around the village tonight lovely mild and calm with a stunning star studded clear sky. The local owls are obviously enjoying themselves as could hear what seems to be a family group out hunting and regularly calling to each other. Even noticed a few bats out and about ...... Hmmm think I should include myself in the "bats" grouping lol.I
Last day of July and zooming towards another winter .....
Hopefully the rest of you are all peacefully snoozing and having lovely relaxing pleasant dreams.
Remember to stay safe peeps x

JackAndRob

Staff member
Good morning all,

I couldn't walk in the middle of the night. I'd get mugged or arrested. It is not a bad area, but I wouldn't take the risk. The creatures of the night around here are not all of the feathered or furry type :D

I didn't think I would get to sleep easily, as the weather is warm and sticky in the West Mids. Today could be the warmest of the year. My man cave gets toasty, even in mild weather :oops:

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning it promises to be a sunny one down here but....rain later, by tea time so they say.

No way could I walk at night we are so rural no lights at all, narrow lanes and our track is a bumpy one to negotiate in the daylight never mind at night, in years gone by many a time has hubby tumbled over walking the mile back from the pub!

So now parts of the N.W. are in a type of lock down - here we go again, always said come autumn there would be a rise in new covid cases and it will happen down here as beaches especially Tenby are absolutely packed with holiday makers, mind I don't blame them for coming but......

I was so sad to read @Graceygrape14 post re her in laws Grey and am hoping a member can really help, it doesn't bare thinking about the poor chap being caged 'for life' really for being a parrot that they do not understand. Not their fault for not knowing how to cope or his for being as he is.

Well, hope you all have a nice day today and enjoy the weather while you can.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Well looks like it's going to be stinking hot for a lot of us today.
Anybody planning time outside with their birdies remember they need to be able to get out of the Sun and in the shade. Birds can't sweat and can only pant by gaping their beaks to try and cool down. Please if you have conservatories birdies out of those heat can kill birdies really fast also other animals too!
edited to add double check you close your windows and doors when your having birdie exercise time in the house all too easy to forget you decided to let the cool air in by opening a window you don't usually open or the other half doing it and you not knowing

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Now what.... Car's washed, aviary cleaned, birdies indoor and out fed and watered, cat laid outside sunning himself melting under a garden bush lol, washing hung out, shopping done, hanging baskets watered, papers delivered..... Lawn mower me thinks....then the hoovering... perhaps the floor washing there after.... Can see i will be looking for stuff to do today...like garage cleaning or some such crackers idea....

dianaT

Staff member
House will look lovely when finished - I volunteer you to come paint our when yours is finished :D

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Not quite as hot as yesterday (reached 43 at 6pm, and was around 30 at 10pm) chickens went to bed with freezer blocks under the henhouse and everything having been sprayed down. Dora staying indoors (which she is not impressed with) and has been sitting watching out of the window.
Found a pot of watermelon granita with ginger and fresh turmeric in the freezer mmmm.
Keep cool folks.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Boiling over here. Had to spray the birds in the aviary to cool them down they loved it hanging upside down splashing flapping and carrying on like kiddies in a paddling pool.
Load number 9 in the washing machine it's really strange as each load i have put out has dried before the next one is ready got another 4 loads to go plus the one currently in. Decided to was all curtains, plus the nets, plus the birds night covers, plus my bedding, plus the cats bedding and also all the throws i have covering chairs and settees. You know what they used to say.... make hay while the sun shines... Or in my case do heaps of washing :risas3:
stopped for a quick coffee now time to carry on :)

Kendra

Exactly where do you live @DizzyBlue ? I could do with someone like you as a neighbour. Struggled to shower the birds, no one except Chorley wished to know so he has had a good soaking and just one big straggly drip. Watered the bird room floor in the process of showering so wait a little and clean it up along with the bird waste, save mopping. Loads could do with doing but, well too hot.

I wish it would rain here, then it may be cool enough to vac and wash up and side things and........

Hate hot weather, sorry to sun lovers, but can not stand the stuff.

Why won't the birds go outside in their aviary?, they must have had it 6 months now and beside a quick look by one or two, no, we stay inside.

Scott199

Boiling over here. Had to spray the birds in the aviary to cool them down they loved it hanging upside down splashing flapping and carrying on like kiddies in a paddling pool.
Load number 9 in the washing machine it's really strange as each load i have put out has dried before the next one is ready got another 4 loads to go plus the one currently in. Decided to was all curtains, plus the nets, plus the birds night covers, plus my bedding, plus the cats bedding and also all the throws i have covering chairs and settees. You know what they used to say.... make hay while the sun shines... Or in my case do heaps of washing :risas3:
stopped for a quick coffee now time to carry on :)
As part of my work we install industrial washing machines, in our stores we have a 100kg washer.

I feel you need this, you may need a small outbuilding to fit it in though.
:aplastao::aplastao::aplastao::aplastao:

Michael Reynolds

Hi all Well come back with a new nose I was up when you posted and decided I was just going to rest a few hours before sorting the birds and my nose. covid cleared so that's good news. was at the hospital for four hours plus two hour traveling time now babies are due for there feed. have a good and cool day, showing my flock shortly

Michael Reynolds

they are changing the style of the nose so that part of it will go inside the hole in my face, the nurse that I saw today was very pleased in the way I look after the prophetic nose I had and said she was expecting it to be in much need of replacing most have build ups of glue after just four weeks and I have had this nose for four months. well as always I was in a joking mood had her laughing especially when she had to put the current nose in the oven to dry the paint. I said can she bake me a cake while she has the oven on. One good thing is that she loves parrots although she has not got one, she saw my shirt and told me about a pair of trousers she had in her past with parrots all over it. my reply is I would not like trousers with parrots on as I will be too frightened to sit down encase I squashed them.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Totally boiled over here still got and sticky have already compiled another list of things to do :) will do whatever I can tonight and then demolish what's left tomorrow.
It's so hot here very much doubt there is going to be any sleep tonight :oops:

Top Bottom