Friday 29th November

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone

Weather turning colder from today apparently. Must check our oil tank as think it's gone below half way, typical as the price is always high this time of year.

So, 2 weeks today will we know who is the next PM ? Goodness knows who, may as well put all our names into a hat and draw one out.

I may head off to Tesco later and use my money back vouchers to purchase food for the local food bank they have a trolley there for donations.
I may just as well use the vouchers I have saved (about £20) and buy for others, we (and most people) have far too much food stashed away, they also ask to remember to donate pet foods as many of those using food banks are stuck for feeding their pets.

Keep warm folks.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

hello all, yes another election and wonder what it will bring? It is all such a muddle and I dont trust any of the promises at all.
Well done to think about using your vouchers to help the food bank, I believe that basic toiletries are needed too. I like the backwards advent calendar thing where you put something into a box each day to give to the food bank.
|Its a sunny day here and so laundry on the line and try to do something in the garden if it isnt too soggy.
HAve a good day everyone

Michael Reynolds

Hi everyone well my laptop has stopped workong so I am using my lad. Well apart from the bleeding I have had no major problems. I have slight swelling in the mouth and my face dose not look too good but I fill ok. Well I fed the clock this morning, just had to do that. Just taking things easy though. I may go out later to the bank and put some cheques in. I will phone up my chemist to see if they sell masks like the nurses used to sea as I think it would be better for others to see than the blood stained dressing at the moment
That was good news yesterday Diana from your hospital

Keep well every one

Kendra

@Michael Reynolds I am sure you will find help at the chemists, go to a larger one if you have one, I did when a stone flew from a car wheel and hit me just at the side of my eye, blood pouring down my face, Boots could not do enough for me, still have a scar.

Lovely and sunny here but cold, done little yet as again I could not sleep last night, again. Last cage to do today, well for now, and if I can find the heaters then
can put Chorley and Dusky in their new room, give the final cage time to dry before putting Lucy in. David will have to move Oscar for me.

Michael Reynolds

Do you want me to come around and move Oscar Kendra, I could do with an excuse to get me out Ha Ha. well the down side of having no nose is I have to change the way I eat as I have to breath through the mouth at the moment but keep getting hic cups. the throat is not saw today but swallowing can be awkward, the tip of my nose is itchy and that is really annoying as I will have to find out what they have done with it so I can scratch it,

Michael Reynolds

thinking about the drive it would be no good me pointing my nose in the direction of you place would it? I would not nose where I will end up. so many roads have been closed owing to flooding, around kent and Sussex, getting rather fed up with the rain, when I was in hospital I did ask the cleaners if they had come across a nose as I cannot find mine, one of them did promise he will make sure he cleaned it if he found it. at the hospital they wanted me to have soft foods only at first so I accepted a plate of scrambled eggs. the next meal was more substantial so I could get my tooth into it. normal recovery time in hospital is four to five days, most people stay on soft food for a few days but me I think I am a gluten for punishment, Ha Ha, friends I met before has there son going in while I was waiting for my lift home, I think I eased there mind when they see how I was in less than 24 hours after mine, I had them all laughing on the way to his ward.

Michael Reynolds

do not worry, I am resting and doing things by the book, yes my recovery progress has been very quick to the stage I am at, but I hold no expectations on how it will continue and I know it will not take much for things to go down hill. I am allowed light work so I was thinking of getting a job putting up Christmas lights for people Ha Ha. yes they have said that I am not normal so I said i have known that for years and that's why I keep parrots

Top Bottom