Friday 26th June

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning...Yaay it is cooler this morning we had a little rain and thunder last night and looks like more on the way. Was awake most of the night apart from things on my mind I could not get cool.

What can I say about the crowds of folk on beaches yesterday, utter stupidity, the virus has not gone away and it is almost as if they all are encouraging a second wave of it. I really feel ashamed of them.

Here in Wales we are asked not to travel more than 5miles (unless necessary for shopping etc) our nearest beach is 8miles so we have not been there and would so love to go. Police down here have sent home cars with folk in from Northampton and Birmingham & other places, there are nice beaches in England so go to some of the quieter smaller ones! We are still closed to tourists and many of us are dreading them coming down when allowed due to the stupidity of their behaviour as shown on the news.

Well, I hope you all enjoy a cooler day today.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning Diana and all who follow
Stinking hot here last night as well but no thunder or rain so still not and sticky up this side of the country.
In the house at the moment it's a grotty 24.5 degrees.
Will be doing the fish and chips run for parents and neighbours who are still in lockdown due to their illnesses ...... Stinking hot and they want fish and chips..... Pure madness lol but if that's what they want then fair enough
Got the cleaning to do at parents house today just to keep on top of things for them
Right time for more coffee......
Take care and stay safe peeps and those of you with aviaries keep checking the birds birds aren't panting and in need of a cooling spray down

JessCheekyMia

Cooler here to but still very warm. Roy didn't cover the birds up last night as it was far too warm. Pleased he done that without me asking as I fell asleep. My hubby is the best!

I agree with you @dianaT people are asking for a second wave with the way they are carrying on. It is very frustrating watching the news as I haven't left my home since last week of March. Everyone saw the rules didn't apply to Dominic cummings so it doesn't apply to them either now.

I have Theodore that keeps wolf whistling at me on repeat!!! I love my little cherubs. I have the last piece to the thing I want to show you.
Hopefully Roy will have time to set it up for me and I will post a photo for you all.

Hope everyone stays safe xxx

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Can't wait to see what you have to show us @JessCheekyMia ... you are keeping us on tenterhooks.
Much cooler today and we had rain in the night, the sun keeps trying to break through but we have weather warnings for storms, hail and high winds this evening and tomorrow.
Little miss " let's-chew-this-into-little-pieces-and-throw-it-on-the-floor-and-laugh-at-you-sweeping-up" has accepted the big pine cone today.
Have a good day

Kendra

Yes, still unbearably hot, where are those storms? I have been waiting all week for them.

Just showered the birdies, of course Lucy and Chorley love them, in fact Chorley is not happy until every single feather is drenched and screams if you miss one, the rest are not really interested but at least Dusky and George are not running away now, Oscar is.

Still have not found a computer, everywhere seems to have run out, only ones on ebay are Curry's, so no. I have a letter to write, important, should have been done 3 weeks ago (or was it 4?) but I have no note paper or envelopes, all letters these days are typed and signed, except when the printer is faulty.:yikes:

Michael Reynolds

Hi all, Molly has been settled in the garden with her chick fly free and together. there was a storm but not a lot of rain but it never came very close and all I am doing is sweating. I have had most of my flock on me but having the unusual experience of being licked to death, they must be wanting a little salt that I do not think is good for them but no matter how often I wash my face and neck they come back on me. going to give them all a shower as I have been very busy so its a late shower for them all, its still so warm and will not cool down over night so they will hopefully fill more comfortable tonight, even with coolers and purifiers circulating cold air its 30 degrees inside at the moment. too hot for me that I know. Jackie is being a pain and opened every ones cage, including Busters trying to get some of the flock back in can hold me up as they are flying on me at every opportunity. talk about hen pecked I have been bird licked. They have helped keeping my mind away from the events of the last few days so I cannot complain. I hope you all have had a good day

Kendra

Nope, 9.30pm and it is unbearable still. Still have not shut the birds door or the cats, it's horrid.

Finally found some at Dell, not sure if I have bought what I should, to me a computer is a computer, I should not have to buy graphic cards, sound cards, wires and camera etc, should I? Thankyou @AMD found your advice a bit too late, bet they are not as expensive than at Dell, shame.

Scott199

Nope, 9.30pm and it is unbearable still. Still have not shut the birds door or the cats, it's horrid.

Finally found some at Dell, not sure if I have bought what I should, to me a computer is a computer, I should not have to buy graphic cards, sound cards, wires and camera etc, should I? Thankyou @AMD found your advice a bit too late, bet they are not as expensive than at Dell, shame.
most dell systems come with all that, just depends what you chow was, post a link if you want it checked

Top Bottom