Friday 24th July

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning
A damp one here hope it dries up as grandson is coming later to mow the grass.
Hubby still working on electrics hoping to connect main cable today which means all power off so I will not be on here as will have to log out later.
Hope you all have a nice Friday whatever your plans.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning Diana and all who follow
Will be looking after mum today as stepdad is having the morning off to go walking with his friends
I will be n and off like a light switch lol.
Bit on the grey side here and doesn't look promising as the ginger blob (cat) says its not going to be nice .... ie he's decided he's staying on his blankie under the kitchen table and isn't interested in going near the door let alone outside!
Had a bit of mind blowing minute or two yesterday.... have had my hair all cut off so have gone from my hair being down to the middle of my back to it being about 3inches long on top and cut into the back of my neck ... needless to say none of my birdies are talking to me and I will probably spend the next week getting bitten..... the it sounds like mum, it does mum's routine, THAT IS NOT MY MUM!!! KILL!!
Take care peeps and have a good Friday

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Oh and if your popping out today remember to take your mask for any enclosed spaces such as shops etc with it having become law in england last night. Have to say not fully understanding their rules as to where to wear it so am wearing mine all the time

dianaT

Staff member
We wish they would make the same law in Wales of wearing masks, I am told popular resorts like Tenby are heaving and hardly anyone wearing masks or social distancing - holiday makers from all over come down here and it is very worrying. Needless to say we barely go anywhere and when we do we wear masks, got antibac hand get/wipes - the lot!

That sounds like a drastic haircut @DizzyBlue - mind it will soon grow, I can imagine the birdies reaction.

Kendra

Good day everyone.

Glad @DizzyBlue, I am often confused by the 'mask rules', also have problems with the hair. George does not recognise me with my hair down, I can stand in front of him and tie it up, then everything is OK. Why after nearly 4 years is he still "anti hair loose" , will he ever learn?

Hope everything goes OK @dianaT, and it is only a few hours without electricity.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

A breezy warn day, i have been playing around with making masks as most don't seem to fit anybody very well - elastic seemed often too loose or too tight, ear loops dont workfor me, and it's difficult to get a good fit under the chin without being throttled. My husband had the idea of using toggle adjustors and i think I've come up with an easy to make design... Now to trial the sewing part.
Regardless of where the rules say people should or shouldn't need to wear a mask i believe that if you are in an enclosed space or in close proximity to others who might be carriers it's worth wearing one. You can never be too careful, and it soon becomes a habit and people become less self concious about wearing them.
Have a good day everyone

Michael Reynolds

Been busy today, was out by 4:30 this morning took my neighbour in his car to do a boot fair, found a few bargains myself, bought a model tricycle that works and will have to train a bird to ride it at a cost of £2.00 and then I noticed a six stage Reverse osmosis water filter desk top that pipes into the mains and can produce cold, room temperature and hot water brand new in the box that I bought for £25.00 well I will be fitting it tomorrow. I will take some photos tomorrow. this has just come at the correct time as my filter kettle is playing up. well its been a lovely day in kent and west sussex . birds are all fine although Gilbert is still not using his feet properly but he can now stand on them. I hope you all have had a fantastic day

Top Bottom