Friday 21st June

dianaT

Staff member
Here we are at the longest day today after today the nights start to draw in!
Sunny here right now so I shall make haste and get the first lot of washing out on the line hopefully before it is all systems go once the grandsons are up. One more week then they & their mum and spaniel go back home, without counting back I think they will have been here about 8 weeks!

Enjoy the day folks.
@Nigalius am hoping you are all right as not seen you on the forum.

cazimodo

Morning everyone. Sunny here too for a change only I have recently found out I should avoid it. Doctor phoned with results of blood tests yesterday, and it turns out the Lurgy is Lupus, so that was a pretty good self diagnosis using the Internet after all [emoji4]

Obviously, there is a lot to take in, but I am really glad to finally be able to put a name to this horrible thing and we can start looking at treatment and lifestyle changes to manage it.

The first of those is going to be a lot less time spent in the same room as my birds as their UV needs and mine are at now at odds. So I've relocated into my wee crochet room across the hall. They can still see me and I get to be surrounded by my books, yarns and crochet creations, which is a great space mentally to be in so all good.

Have a lovely day y'all.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

dianaT

Staff member
Omg septic tank blocked plus main pipe, got someone coming this afternoon to hopefully empty tank and clear the pipe.

Stinkie

Staff member
Having a great day today, but fighting the very strong urge to go get me a pair of budgies! I had a laugh earlier as I was browsing gumtree, some girl is trying to sell 6 mice she caught in her flat for £10, the ad includes pictures of bemused mice in a cage with toys. Amazing!

Edit: Actually going to share the link for your enjoyment https://www.gumtree.com/p/mice/6-wild-mice-for-sale-/1343933758

sunnyring

Having a great day today, but fighting the very strong urge to go get me a pair of budgies! I had a laugh earlier as I was browsing gumtree, some girl is trying to sell 6 mice she caught in her flat for £10, the ad includes pictures of bemused mice in a cage with toys. Amazing!

Edit: Actually going to share the link for your enjoyment https://www.gumtree.com/p/mice/6-wild-mice-for-sale-/1343933758
o that is funny! she'll have a lot more then 6 mice very soon unless she is very good at sexing them too

Latindancer

Happy Friday everyone. Well it turns out that my really bad cold which had started to get better is now pneumonia which has resulted in a couple of nights in hospital. Joy. Been an expensive week, Scruffy has a had a toy delivery from Scarlett’s and I’ve Invested in another air purifier for my bedroom. Every inch of dust has been cleaned from my home. My daughter has been busy. Scruffy the Amazon and Frankie & Betty the budgies are like not the vacuum cleaner again. Craving fish and chips but they always smell better than they taste and a lie in, in the morning.

Have a great weekend everyone

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Evening all
Looks like the mice have gone @Stinkie just clicked the link and the ad has gone :(
@Latindancer hope you feel better soon that pneumonia is a monster that's what Nigalius (Nigel) has had and he ended up poorly and in the hospital too.
Have just tried to ring Nigel to see how he's doing but no reply so will try again tomorrow. Hope he's just catching up on sleep or perhaps has visitors and hasn't come down really poorly again.
See there are three days of yellow weather warnings about to hit us again … just for a change! Starts Sunday and ends midnight on Tuesday … basically for absolutely everybody anywhere in the UK by the looks of it. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2019-06-23 all this water is starting to wear a tad thin to say the least never know if I need a t-shirt or a flipping mac or both! Suppose it could be worse …. could have holes in my wellie-bobs nowt worse than soggy cold socks! Although when the rain comes and your jeans end up cold and stuck to you at the same time also a tad yuck ….. or rain dribbling down the back of your neck … ok lets just say fed up of rain for the time being lol.
Mr Squirrel is pushing his luck at the moment and is sitting in the holy tree above my garage roof getting very annoyed with ginger cat who is pee'd off said squirrel is disturbing his sleep …. if Mr Squirrel isn't careful think ginger will roll over and squish him :p Luckily for squirrel Ginger isn't interested in him or birdies all that perks his interest is solar power and eating his biccies lol
Must think about tea ….. debating jacket spud with some coleslaw hmmmm at this rate will probably be still debating it at breakfast tomorrow! Distinct lack of enthusiasm.

Michael Reynolds

good evening, was out very erly and not long got back, well you must be looking forwards to a little rest Diana they have kept you so busy Cazimodo at least you have found out the cause of the problem i know we have at least one other member that suffers i will if you want ask her if she will give advice, Did not see the video Stinky but what a great idea, dose any one want a rat if i catch them Ha Ha. i hope the septic get sorted Diana. i am sure your children will prefer helping toy fix there mum's car Yellowchickenparrot. I hope you will recover soon Latindancer Pneumonia can take time to recover fully from, take things easy. well its been a sunny day, all the birds are wanting me and calling out, i hope you all have a better evening. thank you Tasha for trying to get the latest news on Nigel

cazimodo

Cazimodo at least you have found out the cause of the problem i know we have at least one other member that suffers i will if you want ask her if she will give advice
Thanks Michael. I'm at the "trying to find out as much as possible phase", so if the other member has advice and is happy to share, I would be grateful to accept it.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Latindancer

Do it go for the Budgies, I adopted mine of Gumtree, they’re brill, very entertaining and an absolute joy to watch. Less messy than a parrot:emoji_joy:

Top Bottom