1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday 21st April

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

I think its dry at the moment and should stay like that but doubt we will have a day like yesterday. That was so very warm and made me feel a bit dodgy with the heat. AC had to go on for a while.

The birds are sleeping and they stink, Haha. They seemed to be eating lots of garlic sticks yesterday but luckily I love the smell of garlic anyway.

I have an Openreach engineer coming sometime between 08.00 and 13.00 today to look further into my connection/router problems. I got a lot of work done yesterday in the garden, gave the roses their second prune, cut the grass edge and strimmed the grass in Frankies pen. There are a few pots to tend to and I got to tend to the tulips that are now dying off. Now its time for the Azaleas and Rhododendrons.

Have a Great Friday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel

2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning all
    Well again no internet last night :( it's on again this morning so we will see how long it lasts this time.
    Thank goodness its Friday!
    Looks like bad weather on the way again according to the telly.
    Whatever you get up to stay safe x

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning, looks like weather changing. Grandson did service on my Fabia yesterday and guess what - he's got one the same but his is bigger engine and diesel!

4. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

5. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Everyone seems to be having problems with their internet at the moment, mine is here and not here, wonder if there is something going on that no-one is telling use? Could those aliens from outer space be messing us around? As we are not on the same providers it seems even more weird.

What is that? bad weather? no, no, no, not allowed but must admit it has been a trifle too warm for me these last few days.

6. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Weird.. I keep hearing a bird call that sounds like Archies flock call
    I don't know how to describe but I've never heard our wild birds do that noise
    Do our wild birds make parrot type noises?

Haha as I'm writing this I've just heard some seagulls above, it could be them.

Omg I've just heard it again, the seagulls are too far away for it to be them... This is proper weird
    It sounds like Archie but he's sat right next to me wondering what the noise is too

7. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Are there any wild ringnecks around where you are Heather? DizzyBlue was quite surprised to see some in her garden the other day.

8. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

One's not escaped from somewhere close by has it?

9. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

not best pleased. My aviary cockatiel pair have just had to be split up. he wants to breed and will not leave her alone and has pulled out rather a lot of her feathers. she is exhausted and frightened and I have had to bring her indoors to recover. they were getting on great up till last few days when she laid an egg and then its all gone wrong. I knew he was being a bit rough with her but he has gone to far. have popped her back into the cage the pair spent winter in next to lovebirds so has some company. of course now they are calling for each other.. so will have to go fetch him in and set up another cage where they can chat with bars between to protect her as not trying him back with her until she is back to full form.

10. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

There's been the odd couple escaped but non very recently
    A Senegal went missing nearby I don't know if they got it back

No wild ringnecks round here, I live like halfway between Newcastle and Durham

I heard it the other day too but just thought it was my imagination
    My house is backed onto a wood so I wouldn't be surprised if a parrot rocked up there
    I can't see one and haven't heard the noise since

Two doves keep sweeping past the window, they're gorgeous
    Light brown shade

11. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

oh sunnyring the female is not ready yet you should keep her apart and try next year.

12. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

have split them. it is a shame, they were getting on really well and she had laid one egg then all went wrong. have given her some millet and nice chop to enjoy while she gets over it all