1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday 19th May

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, May 19, 2017.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

It is calm and cooler outside this morning, not like yesterday, so very hot. I might be able to get something done outside today. Its a bit untidy with all the cartons that are piling up. I took a look outside earlier with my torch and there were (note I said were) many slugs outside, leaving trails around the pots and in some of the plants. They are now about 75m down the path on the other side of the wall, all this about 03.15.

Nacho and Roxy are fast asleep, but the dawn chorus has started and no doubt that will wake them. They did not get out of their cages until afternoon yesterday and went back in the cages late. I like to see them out though and Nacho would sit on my head all day if I let him.

I am well chuffed on my weight loss that I mentioned about in yesterdays Thursday post. I really do hope I can keep the interest up as I have set a target weight of 14st 13lb. From the beginning that would mean me losing 73lb. I have plenty of fresh food here now so will make a chop today I think. Sometimes I make chop and it smells so nice and fresh I have some myself but Nacho gives me such a look of disgust. I know how he feels though, if anyone tries to take some of my food or eat it I am liable to go into attack mode.

Have a Great Friday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel

2. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

Hey Nigel you should be chuffed! good start that. still at it here as do have loads to lose as well. but I think after a bit you get into a routine with the dieting and its easier to keep it up. and your tastes change- food I wasn't so keen on now is more desired ie I now have a bit of a passion for lentil soup and also ryvita!
    wet here but hopefully will clear up later as I do like to sit in garden each day if weather good enough.

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, woken early by Crows on the roof above the bedroom doing a dance with their hob nail boots on, what a racket!
    Nice sunny day here too.

You are doing very well Nigel,keep at it.

Enjoy the day folks.

Beaky likes this.
  4. Beaky

Beaky Regular Member Registered

Morning all, yesterday was sunny and warm managed to catch up on outside jobs and get a good walk in too. Ended the day at wetherspoons it was curry night, I had a chicken balti and a free drink, pint of carling all for £6.60. Will be picking up the g/daus this afternoon and we are taking them to Wethers he he but no curry I am going to have their Shanghai vegetable noodles lovely spicey flavours, it will give eileen a break from cooking for the four of us. she has a enough to do making up beds for them and breakfast in the morning.
    It rained overnight and this morning it is overcast and quiet chilly, Tally si staying in her cage this morning as Eileen is cleaning, we may keep her in all day a she will be in it during our holiday so i guess we need to get a her used to it gradually.
    @Nigel you reminded me i need to put some slug pellets around the newly planted runner bean plants before the pesky things get at them
    Have a good day everyone.

dianaT likes this.
  5. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

afternoon all. was raining hard here but its stopped now. still no plants :crybaby2:i ordered them cos it said next day delivery and im on a weeks hol. back at work next week so not much time to plant them. Best laid plans and all that :asz::asz::asz:
    Safe day everyone x

6. dianaT

That's a shame your plants have not arrived and annoying too.

Its a lovely day down here and we have just had a small aircraft giving a loop the loop display! Wonderful, although rather them than me.

bikergirl Carol likes this.
  7. bikergirl Carol

I wanna do a loop :aplastao: @dianaT . im going to email them and try to find out about plants. Quick question.. how do i send a private message to a member? :thinking:

8. dianaT

At the top of the forum page on the right is your Inbox that's where you PM a member.

bikergirl Carol likes this.
  9. bikergirl Carol

is that the bit where it says inbox start a new conversation?

10. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin