Friday 18th October

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, all I can say is that the rain is coming down in bucketfuls !
Hope you all keep dry and of course safe.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Afternoon peeps
As you should be able to see we have a shoutbox of sorts again .... errr still needs tweaking as it doesn't have a spell checker and am not entirely sure about it showing avatar instead of just names... we also need to get some sort of bot online to try and get it to announce things but at least its showing and working …. I hope!
Was raining heaps over here this morning but now the sun is out and the sky is blue :) sitting at a right nice 12 degrees with a little fresh breeze.
@Yellowchickenparrot did you ever find out what caused the marine tank issue you had? Was telling a friend the other day and they said errr does he have a box fish in it? Which I just looked blank luckily they went on to say that if the boxfish get upset and feel threatened they can leach out a toxin that kills living rock and other fish apparently they had an issue when their boxfish got upset and practically wiped out their entre tank. But your no novice so you'd already be aware of it, me I just found it totally fascinating!
MrP is driving me crackers with a really annoying sound he's just seems to have discovered its a wurraaaagh sound not really loud but it just kind of has the same effects as nails down a chalkboard! :yikes: Hopefully ignoring it and in a few hours he may just decide to stop …. either that or I may just up sticks and leave!
Whatever your up to today have a good un and stay safe x

JackAndRob

Afternoon all.

Weather has turned decidedly cool this afternoon. It should improve slightly for the weekend.

I was a little concerned when I saw a couple of flecks of red on Jardine Jessie's forehead and leg. It is usually red fruit or pepper, but she wouldn't stand still long enough for me to check them. As I have often done before, I took a rapid series of photos that I could blow up to inspect the areas. It turns out that they are teeny weeny little orange/red feathers! My baby girl is growing up!

Frankie continues to sprout gorgeous new feathers all over his body. He is going to be magnificent when this moult finishes :) He still hates me, but he is falling in love with Yin and spent most of yesterday evening regurgitating lovely wet lumps of partly digested food into her hand. Yin wasn't impressed, but I kept telling her it is a great sign of his growing friendship (whilst trying not to laugh too much!).

dianaT

Staff member
@JackAndRob Tell Yin should feel honoured she's the chosen one by Frankie !:risas3:

It's blowing a gale down here and bucketing down with rain still.

@DizzyBlue you will be pleased to know I have tested a pack of this years Tesco Finest Stollen slices and they live up to their usual standard, although I still have 2 more packets to test.:naughty2::naughty2:

Tonya

Afternoon guys odd rain/sun weather down in London. Feeling crap, off the flu and ferrying the little ones to half term activities. Birds are having quiet time on their branches. Alex is very fond of the fridge and tries to go inside to look for food everytime the fridge is opened. Both birds are calming down. Chu Chu is mellowing out a lot she no longer bites and considers me her person. She’s happy to perch on my shoulder and has become a lot gentler with her beak but I still cannot pet her. Both trying out little whistling sounds when they think no one is listening. Have a cozy weekend everyone.x

dianaT

Staff member
Aww sorry to hear you feel poorly @Tonya hope it soon passes. It sounds like birdies are settling down well :thumbsup:

Michael Reynolds

Good afternoon every one, weather was terrible this morning passed a couple of accidents on my way to Battle, 1066 country. did get some sun but very heavy shower all around. picked up some fresh food for the birds and some food for myself. Birds are all chatting and singing away, thought I lost a couple of tiels but they was in the bird room, I hope you fill better soon Tonya. have a good day everyone

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Yes I did find the problem with my tank I knew a few minutes after waking up and finding it what was wrong. The tank got cooked which is one of the most common causes of tank wipe out. However I have a alarm on my tank so if it rises a degree above what it should be it let's me know however the actual temp probe got pulled out the tank by me one of the kids or the dogs sniffing about :×( so it read air temp and fired up the heaters overnight and cooked my tank killing almost everything. If you want to see what 4k and 6 years of hard work looks like here it is.20191017_111235.jpgreceived_502812553631843.jpegreceived_554750868667020.jpegreceived_1076777432483408.jpegreceived_490164441393887.jpeg

Tonya

Oh no! So sorry to see, especially when you spent so much time and money on it. Salt water fish tanks are notoriously hard to keep you’ve got to keep a constant close eye on everything. You’ve done a great job for all those years to keep your tank going. A marine environment is hard to replicate.

Michael Reynolds

That is so sad, you had them so well displayed, the time money and love you gave it just ruined by some thing so simple and the chain event of you not noticing the problem starting, the heater going wrong and to top it all the alarm had come away, if the alarm gave a sound when the temperature dropped as it was out the tank you may of been able to save such a desaster

Top Bottom