1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday 16th August

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dianaT, Aug 16, 2019.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning
    The weather forecast was not wrong - heavy rain and winds down here all day apparently. It is quite like a November morning right now. Just hoping it is dry tomorrow as the chaps take the portable railway to an event. Anyway nothing we can do about it , well apart from helping the climate from deteriorating even more but I won't go into that one as will be a long post and I have things to do - hopefully before the grandsons get up.
    Keep dry and safe folks.

Michael Reynolds, KateA and cazimodo like this.
  2. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Morning everyone. Grey and wet here and I have the heating on.

Feeling pretty tired today so going to do some reading. Nothing better than cuddling up with a good book on a day like today.

Hope you all have a good one.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Kendra, Beaky and dianaT like this.
  3. Beaky

Beaky Regular Member

Morning all, as predicted the rain is here and set to be an all day event, Tomorrow is forecast to be fine as is with @dianaT . so will deffo be doing the 5k park run tomorrow morning. We seem to be having alternate wet and dry days lately. Just back from weekly shop at Sainsbugs, we have this arrangement honed over many months where we both go inside and i get what fruit and salad i want and also veg i need for my home made veg pizza, then retire to the cafe with a paper and chill out with a coffee. this is because Eileen doesn't like me following her around the isles after she caught me putting stuff out of the trolley back onto the shelves that i thought wasn't really needed. She has been thinking for ages that she was losing her memory forgetting so many things that she was sure she she had put in the trolly, bad boy! was in doghouse for weeks. Anyway she is now harassing me to take her to get her repeat prescription rush rush..
    Anyway to the subject in hand, why does Tally alaway poo immediately upon landing onto the leather suite ? why doesn't she poo before takeoff? I have to hurredley clean it off with a wet wipe or Eileen will insist on Tally being cage confined.
    I used to extol about all the goings on with the peeps in our road but it got too time consuming as there were always something going with such an aged population, anyway worth mentioning that Dennis [three doors down 62 yrs old] has broken his hip falling off his roof and landing on his car trying to adjust his tv aeriel, Frank his next door neighbour says that Dennis was shouting to his wife if the tv was any better and was screaming [literally from the rooftops] but either his wife didn't hear him or he couldn't hear his wife , anyway he lost his footing, tried to hang on to the aeriel but fell off the roof. Frank told me that a second after impact Dennis's wife shouted "that's perfect leave it like that" you couldn't make it up, Dennis is up and about and will make a full recovery.
    Anyway must dash as Eileen has just given me a look that would make a bus turn around.. Enjoy the day folks

4. Tonya

Tonya Regular Member Registered

Morning folks
    Grey and a bit windy down here in London. Bird snuggled in for her lunchtime nap and kids playing Nintendo. Getting the suitcases out and looking forward to our lil trip to Scotland.

cazimodo, Michael Reynolds and dianaT like this.
  5. dianaT

@Beaky :risas3::risas3: how I've missed the 'going ons' in your road, goodness me you could not make it up:risas3::risas3:
    As for shopping I sympathise with Eileen. I am just back from Tesco and Lidl, hubby takes charge of the trolley and unlike you he adds things to it that is not on my list. Shopping takes twice as long. However, he did not add 6 pointed cabbages in the Lidl trolley which my receipt showed, needless to say it took sometime to get a refund but I did eventually get it.

As for Tally place an old towel,tea towel where she poops and let it go on there. One of my flock - Glossop a Senegal always flies to the stand on the window ledge which is surround by newspaper and poops there.

6. Tonya

Tonya Regular Member Registered

So funny but Poor Dennis! Hope he’s recovering and abandoning any idea of roof climbing.

7. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

8. dianaT

Not stopped all day long just pouring down. Family have gone down to Tenby!!!

Kendra likes this.
  9. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good after noon all, its been a mainly dry day but with rain at times, went out early this morning took my neighbour to a boot fair, and then helped with his shopping, all the flock are fine but a little quiet at the moment as it has come over quite dark. I hope Kate is enjoying her hols, photo of her boys just taken, awaiting the result of my cars Mot. Beaky you did not say what damage he caused to his car :risas3::risas3: glad he is on the mend. wishing you all have a far better day than yesterday. IMG_0439.JPG IMG_0441.JPG

Kendra, Beaky, KateA and 2 others like this.
  10. KateA

KateA Regular Member

Our holiday is good. Call me weird, but I do miss our boys. Rob said it's odd without them.
    I have no baby to give me a kiss each morning or call me a ratbag.
    Has he not told u that ure a rat bag?.
    I feel guilty that it's his birthday soon and I won't be with him again. I'm a bad mum.

Kendra and Michael Reynolds like this.
  11. Michael Reynolds

What, I thought Rob would give you a kiss to make up for you missing Cash, you can even tell Rob to call you a rat bag every so often as well Ha Ha. yes he has not called me a rat bag but he did call Reggie a rat bag a few times when he was being nosey. it is ok on his birthday he will be having a wild party with the rest of the flock, I am not looking forwards to cleaning up the after party mess:ura::risas3::risas3::budgie:Car passed MOT

Kendra likes this.
  12. KateA

KateA Regular Member

I'm gonna wee myself.x

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  13. Michael Reynolds

well at least I wont be the only one having to clean up:risas3::asz::risas3:

14. KateA

KateA Regular Member

Sod off. Xxx

15. Michael Reynolds

16. KateA

KateA Regular Member

They like u And Its nice.

17. Michael Reynolds

Cash let me stroke his head and touch his foot so I gave him a slice of fresh corn on the cob

KateA likes this.
  18. KateA

KateA Regular Member

It's so nice. It makes me feel good and I'm glad for u Michael As u had to work Extra hard to make them believe u.

19. Michael Reynolds

ir's the opposite I just had to be there and let cash make the move, I got a piece of carrot out of his pot and he put one foot on me and took the carrot with his beak, keeping his foot on my finger while he ate it, he then moved his foot and put his head down, your birds are food oriented Ha Ha

20. KateA

KateA Regular Member

Haha, may be a little bit. It's funny.