1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday 15th March

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

As I am typing I am listening to the sad news coming from New Zealand. 40 dead, Tragic.

It looks a good morning here with a mainly blue sky. The forecast is saying there will be plenty of sun but yet again, strong gusts of wind up until early arvo. I wonder what this one is called, perhaps its still part of Gareth.

Both birds are fine and Roxy is having a good preen. They will be out later when Frankie has been out. Nacho will be flying about wherever Nacho wants to go but Roxy will just be sitting in or on his cage watching the world go by. The wild ones have been a bit more active and Goldfinches have been visiting regularly. The ones that bug me are the bloody starlings, they usually only go for the meal worms and everything else just goes flying. I should not deny those birds their grub but I wish they had better table manners. I do have something that was suggested that deters squirrels with a kind of frame built round the food but that only has limited effect.

I dont feel too bad this morning, getting used to the inhalers. The single use one of once a day is straight forward and I take it about 07.00 but I was taking the Ventolin wrongly. Instead of 'as and when needed' I was taking it regular at 6 hour intervals so now I am going to stick more to the instructions and perhaps I wont feel a little rough as I did during the night and no official doses to help the symptoms because I had taken when I did not need to. I can feel a day of tidying up coming on. I dont understand it though as it was only last year that I had a tidy up.

Have a Great Friday Everyone and Get Well Soon if you are Poorly.

Cheers

Nigel

dianaT likes this.
  2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Crazy weather here, Westerly gales with really strong gusts...but no weather warning in force, yet tomorrow when the wind speeds are lower, there is a yellow warning in force..... no logic to the MetOffice.
    Tragic news from New Zealand, violence is not the way forward to solve issues.....

and as for solving issues we seem to have a Palace of Westminster full of overpaid twits who cannot seemingly work together for the good of the country...perhaps we all need to interview prospective candidates at the next election and get some adults elected.

I am grumpy, not much sleep with this gale howling, and then woken up by a nose bleed.

3. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I noticed that too. I think the weather station I have is more accurate for local area and there is a huge difference in price.

TomsMum likes this.
  4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning, awful gales blowing here too and I am sure they said Gareth has now passed - so what's this one! Also looks like it will rain shortly, typical as I need to pop out.
    I think some of the flocks of starling we had here have now gone as hardly any around, they used to gather in the big tree and shot their heads off.
    Hope your nose bleed has stopped @TomsMum .
    As for parliament and Brexit our country must be the laughing stock of Europe if not the world, their behaviour is a disgrace. if all the political parties had actually worked together right from the start we may have had a suitable 'leave deal' (I don't like that word 'deal') but instead of doing good for our country they waste time bickering amongst themselves. I despair.

Nigalius and TomsMum like this.
  5. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Good morning, I think the NZ news makes weather and Brexit pale into insignificance really, but weather calm and damp here, and just hoping that they do get on with Brexit and ensure we have a deal - french government have been very good at publishing a "what to expect" fact sheet for a number of procedures - getting a carte de sejour, exchanging driving licences etc, (all of which seem to be on hold until there is an outcome) giving both deal and no deal scenarios. Many of the reciprocal rights are upheld if we get leave with a deal, but things will get much more difficult without. My husband comes home on Sunday planned to be here for 29th March.
    Hope everyone feels better and keeps as well as possible.

6. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Man flu alert, kids sick I'm sick errr. I'm with you tomsmum I'm grumpy to the wind is just constant but I have been up all night anyway lol. Luna is out but very nervous as I'm putting up a new extractor hood in the kitchen however it didn't stop her stealing a rice cake off the side then battling with me because she wanted it. I thought I would post some boring pics of the mess I'm making ha ha 20190314_154940.jpg 20190314_161753.jpg 20190315_083050.jpg

7. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning all
    I got storm damage to the roof edging last night am a totally grumpy fecker now :(
    Storm Gareth did nowt but the high winds after that that wasn't even really notified has done damage! Grrrrr
    As soon as the wind drops a bit going to get up there and take the edging off to stop it causing an issue if anybody comes down the driveway to the door. Just don't anybody tell Jude that's what I intend to do or she will be telling me off saying I am too old for such shenanigans :p
    IMG_6198.JPG
    As for Brexit did we seriously vote these numpty's in to parliament? Like a bunch of school kids … actually take that back the school kids are pretty smart these days and can work out their differences and actually agree on things in a proper respectful debate!
    Was at physio this morning at 7.15 that didn't go to plan and have hurt my hip again so expecting the ruddy sciatic nerve to kick off again.
    Rang the doctors for an appointment and blow me down been allocated one of those phone consultation thingies … going to be amazing how he is going to take my blood pressure down the phone as its to check whether or not I remain on the current tablets or not but the young lady was most insistent it would be a phone consultation rather than popping in. :thinking:
    It's getting to the stage … country falling apart, house falling apart and body falling apart … Can we double check today isn't Friday 13th please?
    Tragic news about those poor people in New Zealand prayers for them and their families and friends
    Whatever your up to today stay safe and hugs to those who need one x

Wakizashi21 likes this.
  8. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

i’ve Already told you @DizzyBlue ...ladders are banned til the wind calms down.

Am supposed to be having gutters, soffits and fasciascleaned today :thinking: maybe not in this wind!

9. DizzyBlue

Yes mum ….. and it's not a promise if my fingers are crossed :risas3:

10. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Morning sorry to those with damage due to high winds, to those who are feeling unwell, (big hugs!), and to those contemplating hari kari on a roof please DON'T!
    Sad one for me today remembering my boy, so miss Plum. Please take care today x

JessCheekyMia, dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  11. DizzyBlue

@plumsmum hari kari … is that a type of curry and is it hot? :risas3: (sorry couldn't resist)
    Huge hugs to you hunni x
    According to the met office I don't get high gale warning until noon today! So what the flipping heck pulled the side of my roof? A flipping wayward seagull???? :pancarta:

TomsMum and plumsmum like this.
  12. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

A sudden gust from an unusual direction is probably the culprit, neighbours lost a load of their roof on what was considered a sheltered side. @DizzyBlue hari kari, will make sciatica pale into significance hun, DON'T DO IT! Get on the phone instead, be first in the cue and you won't be the only one! x

13. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Owwww that looks crap Dizzy, just leave it till the wind dies down!!!

14. DizzyBlue

Get one the phone …. hmmm think I use a ladder if you have no objection :applaudit: somehow standing on the phone doesn't seem like a safe idea :pancarta:

dianaT and plumsmum like this.
  15. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

16. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If you insist you just have to go up the ladder in these strong winds then please report back later to let us know you are safe.
    'Elf & Safety would not be pleased!

JessCheekyMia, TomsMum and DizzyBlue like this.
  17. DizzyBlue

:emoji_elephant::emoji_elephant:
    @dianaT Trunk call will you except reverse charges from Norway? Somebody called Dizzy clocking in and confirming it's a tad windy in East Yorkshire :lol:

TomsMum and dianaT like this.
  18. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

If anyone wants me to cheer you up and have a giggle at my expense here it goes...... I just nearly fell down the toilet this morning :emoji_joy:. It is the bloody OT fault they measured my shower/comode wrong. I did try a toddler seat but it is actually a bigger hole than my comdode believe it or not. So I fall down that one too :emoji_blush:.

19. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

dianaT, TomsMum and JessCheekyMia like this.
  20. DizzyBlue

:yikes: good Grief and I thought I was having one of those days! @JessCheekyMia
    Just for you … Henni is sending the rescue crewe xxxx
    [​IMG]