Friday 13th September

cazimodo

Morning everyone. Going to be a sunny one here today it looks like so going to go out and finish lopping down the wild rose bush I have to tackle every year. I let it grow in the summer as the birds use it for shelter, but then it takes over the garden and blocks out the sunlight from the windows at the front.

Ziggy has lost a little bit more weight again so going to make a vet appointment for early next week and have her checked out again. In the meantime I'll be back to weighing her daily to keep an eye on her.

Grant's dad is coming round this morning to replace my bath panel as the old one broke when the plumber tried to take it off to get behind it. It will be nice to have the bathroom sorted out as I hate things in a half state of construction and mess.

Have a lovely day y'all.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Beaky

Morning all. Friday 13th gulp! It is very still this morning not a leaf moving and a very sunny day to come today here.The hedges are done and that is a big job out of the way, Have taken down the runner beans, its been a good harvest this year we have enough frozen down and the neighbours have all they need, Our thornless blackberries still giving and the autumn raspberries are still producing. Have cleared the tomatoes from greenhouse and have sown some winter type lettuce, peppers are still producing, am going to extend the height of the compost heaps as they are unusually full this. Also we cut more off the hedges this year than ever before, everything seems to have grown more this year and robin survived the hedge trim hoorah !
Well off to Sainsbugs a bit later, their fresh fish stall does not serve until 9am which is odd as you can buy alcohol before then, I think. the grand daughters are staying over tonight hopefully the two techies will help with my text editor problem. Tally will have our daughter and son-in-law for company,
Enjoy the sunny day folks, maybe check in later

Latindancer

Morning everyone, well it’s been an emotional week. 2 funerals in less than 5 days that’s more than enough this year, father in laws last Saturday and then our beloved Jude’s Tomsmum yesterday. Today I have to go to work, I have a pile of ironing that I can’t face, so I’ve just chucked it into a cupboard. I’m probably going to regret that. I’m in the process of adopting another companion parrot so I’m waiting to hear if I’ve been successful. My home dear friends looks like a bombs hit it, and the laundry basket is over flowing. I’ve also decided to have a clear out and fill a couple of Charity bags, I can’t close my wardrobe doors:emoji_joy: well they close, but not like they should. I’m not entirely sure how the rail is still supporting everything, must be some form of magic.

I am going to an advanced dance class on Saturday, haven’t been for ages so should be a good laugh as my fitness level is nowhere near it was following the bout of pneumonia, but I’m going, life is too short.

I have bought a new phone, which my dear daughter has very kindly offered to setup for me on Sunday, she’s also cooking dinner, I believe we are having shepherds pie. I won’t be taking Scruffy in his travel cage as she has 2 cats, so he’s staying home with a fruit kebab treat. He’ll be sulking but will be fine after a few head tickles and a walnut. Enjoy the beautiful day everyone.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning peeps
OOooooo new birdie @Latindancer got my fingers crossed for you :) Errr do you hire your daughter out? I got myself a new service provider the other day and after my recent mobile phone incidents I need a mobile guru … plus the thought of dinner being cooked sounds great! Errr I will drop off all my ironing for you when you decide to do yours :rolleyes: mine is currently in competition with Mount Everest with height :eek:
Whatever your all up to today take it steady live life and love every minute

Latindancer

Morning peeps
OOooooo new birdie @Latindancer got my fingers crossed for you :) Errr do you hire your daughter out? I got myself a new service provider the other day and after my recent mobile phone incidents I need a mobile guru … plus the thought of dinner being cooked sounds great! Errr I will drop off all my ironing for you when you decide to do yours :rolleyes: mine is currently in competition with Mount Everest with height :eek:
Whatever your all up to today take it steady live life and love every minute
Thanks Dizzy B&G macaw, fingers and toes crossed. You wouldn’t want my daughter, she’ll be moaning, I’m mean complaining whilst she’s setting it up, I have a degree in engineering, but I’m absolute rubbish with mobile phones, it’s a dark art. Dinner would be good though, I taught her to cook. I’m confident in the knowledge that you won’t be dropping off your ironing for 2 reasons, number 1 I’m miles away, and number 2 you’ll get lost getting here :emoji_joy:

dianaT

Staff member
@Latindancer we all seem to live too far away from each other, which does have it's good and also bad points :risas3:

Don't mention mobile phones - we both 'treated' ourselves to slightly more modern ones earlier this year, our daughter was staying here for those 8 weeks recovery following an op, so was our advisor and support bearing in mind she has a super duper one. Poor girl ended up tearing her hair out trying to explain things to us. Hubby picked it up slightly quicker than me and I am still struggling.
Now, the past 2 weeks our neighbour who is similar aged person to us became aware of our 'modern' phones and has now got one for himself except he cannot grasp how to use it. The other evening he & hubby were over 2 hours down here trying to sort it out.
But he like us living down here is difficult to get a signal even from our Wifi. You can pick it up if in town but trying to get connection in doors with our stone walls is impossible. Hence mine is usually left switched off.
Neighbour is coming back down midday so he & hubby can walk up the lane or the field grasping their phones too see who gets a signal!!:nut::nut:

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
O dear worst morning ever, the 25 people who flew from Manchester have lost there luggage yes the bride and groom as well. The airline has said it's very unlikely it will arrive by 2mro and could take up to 4 days. The airport is over three hours drive away and we would have to pick it up? 25 bloody suitcases yeah right. The bride has her dress that she paid to have hung in a special place to keep it clean and in shape but they have ripped the dress bag and the last foot of the dress is completely black and all the beads have been ripped off. As you can imagine it's complete and utter stress here, tears all round we have all spent thousands to come here and the wedding cost 9k+ everyone has no clothes no money no make up no nothing it's terrible I don't know how to help, some things are un fixable

dianaT

Staff member
Oh no @Yellowchickenparrot what a terrible thing to have happened, how sad too. Has anyone approached the airline to ask for help in arranging suitable clothes especially for the Bride & Groom and something for everyone else. Also contact British Consul/Embassy today asap, ask them to help they must have some sort of emergency funds ...to show goodwill etc.

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
The airline is no help what so ever they have been in talks since yesterday night and there is nothing they can do. Claiming takes months and two people don't have travel insurance either. Some of them can get money by 12.00 today but no clothes or help.

Latindancer

O dear worst morning ever, the 25 people who flew from Manchester have lost there luggage yes the bride and groom as well. The airline has said it's very unlikely it will arrive by 2mro and could take up to 4 days. The airport is over three hours drive away and we would have to pick it up? 25 bloody suitcases yeah right. The bride has her dress that she paid to have hung in a special place to keep it clean and in shape but they have ripped the dress bag and the last foot of the dress is completely black and all the beads have been ripped off. As you can imagine it's complete and utter stress here, tears all round we have all spent thousands to come here and the wedding cost 9k+ everyone has no clothes no money no make up no nothing it's terrible I don't know how to help, some things are un fixable
Sorry to hear this, Are you in a hotel @Yellowchickenparrot, if you are and haven’t already done so - go see the concierge, they may be able to offer some help and assistance. Unfortunately I don’t have any friends in Slovenia who can help you. My thoughts are with you, hopefully someone will be able to a assist.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Flipping heck all those suitcases and a ruined dress! Mega nightmare!

Thank goodness the one thing that matters is present … their love for one another the fact that they found their soul mates in this life and in the ceremony words heard by so many … for richer for poorer for better for worse …. may this current moment with missing suitcases be the worst thing they ever have to suffer may everyday here after be plain sailing and each day shared together as a couple be a joy to be treasured. Don't get me wrong I am sorry that their moment carefully planned is spoiled but in another way what is material doesn't really count its how they feel about each other and about sharing their taking of vows in front of the rest of you their treasured friends and family that's worth more than a bucket of solid gold. :emoji_two_hearts: Whatever happens I wish them a life together with each day becoming better than the last. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift that's why its called a present"

JackAndRob

@Latindancer How great would it be if more things could be fixed with a few head tickles and a walnut? I will try it for the next week and let you know how I get on (probably from custody).

@Yellowchickenparrot What a mess! As if weddings weren't stressful enough! It sounds like a mountain to climb to get things sorted out but I do hope that the wedding is remembered more for good things than bad.

Top Bottom