1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday 11th January

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its a pleasant morning here, dont think there will be too much sun but temps should stay steady about 7c. Winds are light and will pick up throughout the day. No rain is forecast for today but that means nothing really.

Nacho is on his usual perch ready for his 'step up' training. He loves it but I dont actually know if he loves the stepping up or the half pine nuts he gets afterwards. Roxy, the vain sod is just doing his normal.

I should have said yesterday that I packed up smoking on Jan 10th 2017. That is 2 years now and it has probably saved my life again after coming close to it when I had Sepsis. I'm going out later to Montrose to collect some meds. I have been taken off the Lansoprazole and Ranitidine and now i'm put on Omeprazole. I've also managed to get my Gaviscon on prescription now so that will save me a good few quid. Then pop into Tesco for just a couple of soft items such as eggs, pasta, mincemeat, bananas etc. I have been told to stay on this soft diet for 3 weeks. They will prefer no alcohol either and thats no problem. The only thing I am going to do which might not be correct is my coffee. My day starts with 2 long coffees and 2 espresso's that will not change. Then the rest of the day it is decaffeinated.

Have a great Friday Everyone, Healing thoughts to those that are poorly,

Cheers

Nigel

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning Nigel and everyone, I hope the new medication helps you more than the previous ones. Good idea to keep to a soft diet I am sure it will help, also when you begin on other foods try to cut it up into small pieces and only have small mouthfuls each time and chew it really well, it may help too prevent that happening.

Well the forecast is cold weather & snow end of the month and into next month, but they say not like last years beast from the east...time will tell!

Hope everyone has a good day.

3. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Morning everyone
    I get Phoebe out and she does her morning poo on a bit of newspaper as I hold her over it no bother, but Archie just refuses, he eventually gets sick of me and flies away to do it somewhere else!
    Been trying every morning this week, Ive had to take the curtain pole down, he pooped in my fish tank the other day!! In the one tiny little gap in the lid haha thankfully the fishy was okay.

Rosemead have not got back to me with a quote, was hoping they would be quicker but I'll email avifabs now and they can make it, I'll just have to wait a long while for it.

Hope you all have a nice Friday and weekend.
    Surprised about the snow, had loads last year, hope we still get a hot summer though.

dianaT likes this.
  4. Heather2131

Afternoon, forums always quiet on a Friday isn't it.
    Ive had a fab day at work, when you really feel like your making progress with the little one.

Anyone doing anything nice over the weekend?

5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Glad you had a good day Heather :thumbsup:

Heather2131 likes this.
  6. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good evening all, I had problems with this laptop not starting and now it not perfect but allowing me to use it no sound device recognized and takes ages to load. was out most of the day job hunting but I also picked up a sack of food for the flock. yes @Heather2131 I am doing something great this weekend do you want to help me? I am cleaning cages and toys, you are more than welcome and join in the fun.

dianaT likes this.
  7. Heather2131

Ah ive got that job too michael, floors and windows around the cage need scrubbed as well.

I need to buy some hangers this weekend, got a new wardrobe a week ago and not a single thing hung up in it haha, I just threw my clothes in and closed the door

8. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Just been up all day and now night sorting out court papers. Absolutely shattered, I am awake because I took my meds 3 hours late. Soon I will litterly just fall asleep. But I don't feel tired enough to sleep YET!!! I can't wait for this to be over. @dianaT it is going to court now xx

dianaT likes this.
  9. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  10. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member