1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday 10th May

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, May 10, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

It should be a reasonable day today with a fair bit of broken sun and a light wind from all directions from NW to SE. Any rain should be late this evening. Temps will only be about 8c but that suits me fine as I dont like it too warm.

The birds are fine and at the moment are silently asleep but how long that lasts I dont know. A loud bird outside perhaps or I might drop something will surely wake one of them up and within a few seconds the other will wake up and thats it. The trouble is I am not too fluent in birdie lingo and they could be talking about all kind of things without me knowing. Its a bit early for the wild ones yet but the Gold Finches have been very active. I would like to know where they nest, high up in the trees or perhaps lower down in some tall bushes but there are not any Magpies locally though they could be bothered by the Crows or Gulls. But I am longing to see the Coal Tits again though that might not be for another month as they store plenty in reserve before winter.

I dont know what I will be doing today yet. Wanna go to Montrose in the next 2 days but not sure what day. I made a bit of a boo boo though with the Tesco payment for the delivery I am expecting today. I keep virtually nowt in my debit card account so when I had put my order through I went to telephone banking to put the money into debit account. Unfortunately I forgot that today is the 10th of the month and my phone bills came out, both the static and mobile and therefore did not leave enough for the Tesco delivery. It was 03.15 before I realised and I transfered plenty to cover the Tesco delivery. So it now depends if they looked my order out before or after that time. If after its ok but if before I have a problem and will not get it today as they will think there is not enough to cover the shopping. I will phone them at 08.00 and try to sort it out. Delivery is asked for between 09.00 and 13.00.

Have a Great Friday Everyone and if you are feeling unwell take it easy, relax and get well fast.

Cheers

Nigel

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good Morning Nigel and all that follow, yesterday turned out to be a wet one and today its not raining but cloudy. well I will be having the day indoors and with the flock but I have a lot of things to get done in the place so I know its going to be a busy day. fed the flock as they was all awake early and before the birds out side started to sing. Now there are so many of them calling and having there morning fly about that makes me having to duck as they get so close. hoping for a dryer day as there is a big puddle leading to my entrance. have a far better day than yesterday every one

Nigalius likes this.
  3. Nigalius

Tesco problem sorted. Just had a msg on my phone saying my 1 hour slot is set as 11.00 to mid day so that seems like it was looked out after 03.15 and therefore the money was in my correct account before it was taken. Roll on 11.00 and among other things the 2 family sized carrot cakes I am waiting for.

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Well I am pleased that it was sorted Nigel, I like to see you can take advantage of your improved throat :thumbsup:

5. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning, I am still here - just about but now need to dash out again!

6. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

hello all, cool and gusty here but no real rain since Wednesday when it bucketed down all day, and hopefully will improve over the weekend. Friends here for a holiday but are sat in front of the fire! At least they are happy to do something and then come back to read and chat.
    Have a good weekend everyone

7. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Afternoon all. Just a quick pop in to say hello. My yarn finally arrived so I'm on the clock now to make this cardigan.

Have a lovely day further.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

8. Nigalius

I think I am trying to make myself ill. Just eaten a shed load of Jelly Babies and wonder why my sugar level is wayyyyup. I should know better at my age.

9. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

@Nigalius why do you do these things, you know what the consequences are? :nono:

dianaT likes this.
  10. Nigalius

I think the simple answer is that I have no will power.

11. Latindancer

Latindancer Regular Member

@Nigalius yep I’m like that with wine gums, I’m not happy till they are all gone. We are talking family sharing bag here, but to myself :emoji_joy: I should know better at my age, but what the hell, you only live once. Cheap date me

TomsMum likes this.