Friday 10th January

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, a frosty one but the sun is out. Nice to see but shows up the dirty windows!

Bulbs are shooting up in the garden and up the lane there is a few Daffs out, my favourite flower Daffs.
I plan to attack some ironing next, I have got as far as getting the iron out so that's a start.....

Enjoy the day .

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Morning everyone, I'm in playgroup which as you can imagine is noisy, crazy and being the only man amongst 20 mummies can feel a bit isolating sometimes however after two years of coming three mums are finally talking to me :×) I'm collecting a grey from a elderly lady (81) who has got in touch with me through a friend of a friend as shes spending days in and out of hospital and struggling (unable) to look after the parrot. I have tried everything to help and advise her to be able to keep her but after two months and lots of tears shes would really like me to collect her as shes not getting the care she needs now. 23 years is a long time to have a bird and it's made her heart broken getting old and sick and having to make this decision. I will let you all know how things go later.

Eddie

Beautiful blue skies here today. A successful trip to the dentist with my 15 year old son started the day on the right foot, then a nice walk through muddy fields with Allan. Part of me wishes I hadn’t taken the collar off Eddie but she seems so much brighter already. Trip to the vets at 4pm where I expect I shall be rightly told off for removing the collar, but I truly believe it was too tight on her.
@Yellowchickenparrot i remember playgroup days well, I should imagine you will become quite the talking point! And how very wonderful that the lady is trusting her most adored family member to your care. It’s a very kind and generous soul that you must have!
Have a good Friday, don’t get buried under the washing!

Michael Reynolds

Hello and good afternoon all, first of all I hope the elderly Lady will not fill so down Knowing her bird will be well looked after by you Yellowchickenparrot. its so hard when she can no longer look after her grey in the way she likes owing to illness or old age. Well it was back to the Hospital today, All went very well, they do not have to see me for cleaning or redressing again, normally it will take ten weeks to get to this stage. ok my next appointment is on the 15th, to see the prophetic consultant for the first nose fitting and then the Surgeon on the 30th for a more thorough check up. I also have an appointment on the 4th Feb to see a gentleman that has also had his nose removed so he can discuses the problems he had fount during his trip to full recovery. birds are all excited so I will have to calm them down, they are glad to see me back. bought them a few treats on the way back from the hospital. I have finally managed to load a photo, this screen was bought for me the other day for helping my Landlords and fits perfect in my bathroom window. have a great day every oneIMG_1130.JPG

Eddie

So glad you are recovering so well! I cannot begin to imagine what you have been through or how you must have felt being delivered the diagnosis and treatment plan. Will be great for you to get to talk to someone else who can understand it all. Screen looks great!

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wow that screen is beautiful, and I am SO pleased you are making such a good recovery Michael. Sorry to hear about the elderly lady having to pass on her bird but its good that she knows you @Yellowchickenparrot. I had fears that my 93 yr old friend (she used to take in birds and animals of all sorts into a tiny terraced home for the RSPCA) as I hadnt heard from her at Christmas, and was about to phone the care home, but a card arrived yesterday - she is nearly blind and the French post office couldnt read her writing and even though the name of the village seems clearly written it seems to have visited 4 different post codes in France before getting here. She always asks of Dora is still ruling us and loved to have us both visit her.

Attachments

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
I have holly safely in her cage covered up for the night. The lady was lovely and super happy I was able to take her bird. We are going to keep in contact, it was nice to talk to her and hear all the funny stories. If I get to 81 and am as sharp as her I will be a happy man.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

My 93yr old friend is mega sharp, has recently managed to find books on large print on astronomy, theology and cricket but says she now needs a crane to be able to pick them up! She had a difficult upbringing and didn't get much Erica, but I'm sure had she been born in another time she would have been a scientist.

Charchar1

Registered
Morning everyone, I'm in playgroup which as you can imagine is noisy, crazy and being the only man amongst 20 mummies can feel a bit isolating sometimes however after two years of coming three mums are finally talking to me :×) I'm collecting a grey from a elderly lady (81) who has got in touch with me through a friend of a friend as shes spending days in and out of hospital and struggling (unable) to look after the parrot. I have tried everything to help and advise her to be able to keep her but after two months and lots of tears shes would really like me to collect her as shes not getting the care she needs now. 23 years is a long time to have a bird and it's made her heart broken getting old and sick and having to make this decision. I will let you all know how things go later.
Lucky lady to have friends like u to help with parrot bless u

Top Bottom