1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday 10th August

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

I think today is going to be a bit of a mixed day here with partial sun this morning and perhaps light rain this afternoon. Temperature is not bad hovering around 14c for a lot of the day and virtually zero wind.

The birds are fine as usual and for once just being patient chatting to each other. They seem to kick off when I have a crowd of wild ones outside fighting over a prime position on a bird feeder and then I think Nacho and Roxy try to reply to them.

I had a useful day yesterday getting some odd jobs done that I had delayed for a while. The weather was sunny and not too hot I went to Montrose, collected mail and popped into Tesco and ended up almost having a row. Gotta try to keep this brief. I got my Tesco Clubcard coupons and as usual therewasafew othersgiving EG- 25 extra points. One was for pre-packed bananas which I wanted anyway so put them in the trolly and went to self service checkout. Scanned my goods and Clubcard and offered the voucher for the bananas but it was rejected. Tried another 2 times and still rejected. I thengotan assistantto help and she said "you have to buy the goods first" I showed her what was in the bag and she said they were the wrong bananas. Christ. She pointed out that my pack had 6 bananas in it and in tiny letters on the voucher it stated only for packs with 5 bananas in it. It was not the girls fault but I am ashamed to say I nearly lost it in there, how feckin stupid and devious.

Have a Great Friday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel

2. Bradders

Bradders Parrot Power! Staff Member Moderator

That is ridiculous Nigel!

Good morning Nigel and everyone,

Quiet day planned for me. Have to stay in and wait for delivery from Northern Parrots. Will probably do more school work. I like to be prepared in September.

Have a good day!

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone
    Sun & showers down here and family travelling down today from Kent for their hols, just hope they have a straightforward journey and we do at least get some nice weather.
    Enjoy the day.

4. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Morning, thank god I took the 4x4 for the dog walk this morning it completely poored down me and the kids had to shelter in a cave, when I got back to the carpark there were three cars stiuck in the mud and blocking the exit. Lucky I keep a big tow rope in the car managed to pull them all out onto the road just as two others turned up to go for a walk I said don't go in there it's turned into a bog and I have just rescued these three cars. But you know how some people know better than someone who use to do extreme off roaring professionally soooo I just watched as the girl in the Corsa drove in fast to only slide down the grass into the mud followed by Mr renault who went for the slow tactic and got stuck blocking the entrance and exit ha ha bloody brilliant. Did I drive off slowly laughing yes yes I did had the kids in the car who were getting teasy by now after rescuing three people one poor lady had been there since 7.30 and was actually getting quite worried and upset as there is no phone signal.

Nigalius, Rain, TomsMum and 2 others like this.
  5. dianaT

Wow well done you towing folk out, hubby used to do that when he had his old LR.
    Wonder if Miss Corsa and Mr Renault are still there....never to be seen again! Serves them right for being noddy know alls.

TomsMum and Yellowchickenparrot like this.
  6. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Poor Ted is getting all excited in his cage and wants to come out to play with the parrots
    The other day he tried to fly out of my bedroom to go downstairs as he could hear them making noise
    Poor thing :(

Im really bored today. Got nothing to do! Just playing with the birdies all morning. Fern seems to be getting the hang of doing her business in the garden which is great.

7. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

We’ve had some proper rain here..... typical rainy and windy as it’s the Balloon Fiesta weekend!

dianaT likes this.
  8. dianaT

@Heather2131 Would you be able/willing to find Ted a good home with other budgies?

9. Heather2131

Ive pm'd you Diana

10. Rain

Rain Regular Member

It's gorgeous here - all rainy and stormy, just how I like it.

Woke up into a huge panic attack this morning, shaking, teeth chattering and had to go and vomit. Fun times.
    My Mum and Dad came round and have just left. My Dad fixed my front door lock (it hadn't been catching properly) and I think I'm going to get some bolts as well, so I feel a bit more secure. I'll probably get some new security lights too. I sound so pathetic - all over a broken window. But it triggers my PTSD off, from when I was stalked and then had my home broken into (by stalker), while I was in it. If I think logically - I know that, this time, it was just stupid kids. But it's strange how the brain works with memories.

Daughter is here tonight, so that will help. Ri is being an angel - but probably because he just got loads of attention from my Mum.

Hope everyone is ok. x

TomsMum likes this.
  11. Heather2131

I dont blame you @Rain I was stalked and I panic everytime the phone rings or theres a knock at the door, I'd love some cctv cameras

12. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Yeah, I understand that. People don't get how it invades every part of your life. I was stalked for a year (someone I didn't know very well) and I found that worse, than when he eventually broke in and held me in my flat. At least then, it was a conclusion. The stalking leads you questioning everything. It was almost a relief, in a way, when the break in happened. Because I'd had a year of looking over my shoulder, jumping at every noise.
    I'm thinking I may get CCTV too, when I have a bit more money.

13. Yellowchickenparrot

Sorry to hear about your experiences Rain but to just butt in there are some very good CCTV stuff on Amazon and eBay that link to your phone.

14. Yellowchickenparrot

Mine holds vid for like 7 days then deletes it and starts over, so you can run back through stuff and see what's going on

Rain likes this.
  15. Rain

Rain Regular Member

I don't have a mobile phone, so will have to look at ones that will link to my laptop. Can't link to a TV either (don't have one).
    I'll have a nosey at some this weekend, I think. As long as they are easy to set up, as I'm such a technophobe.

16. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

@Rain I would be in a panic too...so you are not at all pathetic. It s an awful society that in a so called civilised country as ours is supposedly classed, there are people who think it is ok to chunk things and break other folks windows. No other words, otherwise I might have to ban myself!

dianaT, Bradders and Rain like this.
  17. Bradders

Not CCTV but we have one of those door bells with motion camera. Records anyone who comes near the front door not just when they ring it. Video is good quality in colour and has sound too. It connects to my iPad and mobile so guessing it would link to lap top. We’ve not had any issues with ours at all. I can even interact with a caller when I’m not in through my mobile, it’s brilliant.

Rain likes this.
  18. Rain

Rain Regular Member

I bet I can guess those other words. :emoji_grin:
    I just get cross with myself as, before the stalking, I was so outgoing and not much bothered me.

19. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Sounds good! Shall have a look at one of those too.

TomsMum likes this.
  20. Bradders

It’s called Ring. We love ours!

Rain likes this.