Free Flying

Tulio

Registered
Hello Guys!

Any of you know someone or maybe practice free flying with your birds? I am very interested, saw some professionals in America (Online) but before starting to practice that modality I would like to know a bit more from who knows or practice it already.

Thanks a lot.
Tulio.

Haven't see BigBlue and his parrot slave on line for a bit so about time we had a catch up to see how that stunning hyacinth naughty noodle is doing :risas3:
Last time we all caught up they were out blackberry picking … well mummy and daddy parrot slaves were from what I could see Blue was just scoffing them as fast as being picked :pancarta:

Haven't see BigBlue and his parrot slave on line for a bit so about time we had a catch up to see how that stunning hyacinth naughty noodle is doing :risas3:
Last time we all caught up they were out blackberry picking … well mummy and daddy parrot slaves were from what I could see Blue was just scoffing them as fast as being picked :pancarta:
:emoji_sweat_smile: Ok! Thank you.

You have to have very, very strong bond and recall with your bird before free flying.
I think you have harnessed trained? I think one pic of your macaw was wearing a harness

Free flying clubs are around and I know a few of the local members but I have never flown one of my flock with them. I can free fly and I am in the training stages with a few of the flock, Although Blue is a lovely bird and he has had quite a lucky time as training to me is so important and this is not something that should be taken lightly. it takes quite a time to not only train a bird to return but training for as many sudden situations as possible, teaching your bird survival and what feeds they can eat in the wild. checking the weather and other birds that can cause stress to your bird. there is so much you and your bird needs to learn to make the chances of death and injury minimum. Blue once had to be rescued from a tree and has not returned strait away when called. I started flying Raptors for public display and use my birds on indoor displays. Its not something I can recommend to new owners as they have to understand there birds body language and moods.

Now my good friends - I have news . . Blue is getting a Girlfriend :) We shall call her Misha (Gift from God apparently) :) 12 weeks old and 8 weeks to go before she joins us . . then we're up for double trouble!!! But as the L'Orial ad states; 'He's worth it' :) Not sure the Banks too impressed though :) I will upload some piccies of her royal cuteness later this week hopefully . . Blue however is doing fine - confidence higher than ever and convinced Daddy's his true mate!! Need to change that but remain bestest friends :)

Hiya :)
Blue's getting a girlfriend ….. errrr does your wife know that the house curtains are going to be totally altered … forever …. kind of permanent like??? :risas3:

Hiya :)
Blue's getting a girlfriend ….. errrr does your wife know that the house curtains are going to be totally altered … forever …. kind of permanent like??? :risas3:
Oh yes she does, but she's hoping to reclaim her Husband through it :) We're in a 3 way relationship at present and one of the Parties bites!!!

Have you ever heard that saying that goes … the best laid plans of mice and men … turn into complete muck ups??
This is where you end up mastered by two birds both trying for your attention and two birdies both biting you and your beloved long suffering wife having to do a first aid course to patch you up! :risas3:

Have you ever heard that saying that goes … the best laid plans of mice and men … turn into complete muck ups??
This is where you end up mastered by two birds both trying for your attention and two birdies both biting you and your beloved long suffering wife having to do a first aid course to patch you up! :risas3:
I am greatly encouraged - perhaps I will refrain from telling her!!

So exciting :aaaaa:. I can't wait now to see Misha.
Extremely cute to say the least . . I have photos from 4 weeks through to now (12 weeks), I will get them up for you to see :) Presently,Blue seems to see her as competition for Daddy, so it's a tidgy bit fraught although provided she just lies down making Baby noises and dosen't flap her wings he'll accept her on Daddys lap!

Yes Miisha means a gift from God (notice the Spelling), My good friend and photographer has the same name She is in America at the moment but I will love to send her a Photo of Miisha when you can, So exciting times ahead

Back
Top Bottom