1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum On The Phone

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Nigalius, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

As I put in a couple oof postings earlier that I was trying out the forum on my phone, just incase I ever need to use that method. There are a couple of things I just wanna find out, nothing big though.

Is that what they call 'Tapatalk' or whatever it is? I just googled the forum, created an icon and have that with other icons but it says nothing about Tapatalk.

It seems a bit different and noticed there are no recent posts. Is this normal? I dont mind looking around for something but dont want to look for something that does not exist.

Thanks

2. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

I just use the forum in the browser of my phone, never used tapatalk

Not sure what you mean about icons?

3. Stinkie

Stinkie Regular Member

I think tapatalk is an app you have to download from the app store. I imagine when you access the forum from your phone you won't see any new posts unless you log in with your details, otherwise you're just a guest.

Shirley likes this.
  4. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Tapatalk is an app that you can get that gives you access to forums.
    i don't use it as this is the only forum I am a member of and I don't want loads of messages about everything else.

I use Safari on my iPad and phone....the forum doesn't have a brilliant layout on the phone, as to get to new posts area you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom. I only use it when I'm out and about trying to keep an admin eye on what's going on.

Shirley likes this.
  5. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

In the days when I used my android tablet the forum seemed different on there, so I gave up using it. This PC is much easier for me.

6. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

I find it easier because I use it more than I do the laptop, just what you use most I think

But to see new posts and recent posts you just click "recent posts" at the top under "the parrot club" title, no need to scroll way down the bottom on the home page