Foot biting?

PinkV

Registered
Just wondering if this is normal or a cause for concern, I personally think it's just grooming? But the more my partner worried the more I get worried about it, my partner said he's only ever seen him do it to his right foot but I haven't been keeping track myself :( is this something I should be worried about? He just nibbles his foot, up and down the toes.

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_170959.jpg
    IMG_20200107_170959.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200106_180218_1.jpg
    IMG_20200106_180218_1.jpg
    875.4 KB · Views: 7
They do this to clean their feet especially if they have eaten something messy or just had a shower. If there is any sign of open wounds/blood it could be a stress related thing just like some parrots pluck some chew their feet. Some birds get sore feet from not having the right perches and another cause can be pain in older birds like arthritis.

They do this to clean their feet especially if they have eaten something messy or just had a shower. If there is any sign of open wounds/blood it could be a stress related thing just like some parrots pluck some chew their feet. Some birds get sore feet from not having the right perches and another cause can be pain in older birds like arthritis.
Thank you! No idea how old he is, but I might try different perches and see if that helps, I'm struggling to find a vet that sees birds near me so I'm always paranoid that something is wrong 😂

It can be difficult not to be paranoid at this stage, but you are doing well to be observant and will soon get to know what is "normal" for him and will also know when something is wrong. Maybe you will find that he holds food with his right foot.

Back
Top Bottom