Fly free my beloved Ollie

Roz

Forum Trainer
My beloved Ollie left this earth on Saturday night at 11.05pm. He died lying on my chest. I was always hoping for a miracle, but it was not to be. He came into my life terrified of humans, silent and still. He went out confident, curious and enjoying life to the full. He was the most beautiful bird inside and out, kind and gentle.

He eventually won Kobe over, after 9 years of trying and constantly getting rejected. And Kobe learned what it was like to have a dependable bird friend. They were extremely fond of each other in this last year and Kobe was there for him until the end, preening off the formula that I inadvertently spilled on his chest, offering support and generally making him look presentable. I think and hope he went out knowing he was adored by both Kobe and me, and by friends worldwide.

This was one of the last photos I took of him and Kobe together. He kept pressing against Kobe hoping to get preened:

EaZ36V6.jpg

Happier times...

j4ScfEP.jpg

GxB249p.jpg

Spotting the deck monster...

oqINekV.jpg

TBzjKZi.jpg

Rest in peace Ollie. You fought hard until the end and you were no doubt loved to the moon and back. I'm so sorry to hear this @Roz. Thinking of you.

Reactions: Roz
I am so sorry to hear this Roz, i was also hoping for a miracle for this beautiful boy. You did everything you possibly could and gave Ollie the best life.
Very sad news and sending you love and best wishes 😢

That's heart breaking news my deepest condolences to you all.
nobody could have done as much as you did, nobody loved and treasured him as much as you. The years he spent with you all I am sure must have been the happiest of his life.
huge hugs to you Roz.
Fly high and free over rainbow bridge Ollie you touched more lives and hearts than you would ever have known xxx

I am so sorry to hear of dear little Ollie's passing :(

You did everything possible for him and I'm sure he knew just how much he was loved and cherished ❤

Fly free little one x

I am so sorry to hear about Ollie Roz, he will leave such a hole in your heart, hold onto all those happy memories and think of the wonderful life you gave Ollie.

Thinking about you and Kobe, big hugs. Jeanette & Boo Boo xx

So sorry Roz, Fly free Ollie you gave a good fight and stayed as long as you could you was such a smart boy and well loved

Dearest Ollie, you were so loved, rest peacefully you beauty, your mum gave you such a good life, you were one of the lucky ones xxx

So sad to hear this, your care for Ollie was second to none. He will have left this life having known love and happiness, fly free and high little one. 🌈

My beloved Ollie left this earth on Saturday night at 11.05pm. He died lying on my chest. I was always hoping for a miracle, but it was not to be. He came into my life terrified of humans, silent and still. He went out confident, curious and enjoying life to the full. He was the most beautiful bird inside and out, kind and gentle.

He eventually won Kobe over, after 9 years of trying and constantly getting rejected. And Kobe learned what it was like to have a dependable bird friend. They were extremely fond of each other in this last year and Kobe was there for him until the end, preening off the formula that I inadvertently spilled on his chest, offering support and generally making him look presentable. I think and hope he went out knowing he was adored by both Kobe and me, and by friends worldwide.

This was one of the last photos I took of him and Kobe together. He kept pressing against Kobe hoping to get preened:

EaZ36V6.jpg

Happier times...

j4ScfEP.jpg

GxB249p.jpg

Spotting the deck monster...

oqINekV.jpg

TBzjKZi.jpg
Nice bird sorry about his death

Rest in peace, Ollie. A dear friend to those around you. They will always remember you with love.

Ah so sorry to hear this Roz, may your pain ease soon but your memories of Ollie always burn bright. They are not ours to keep and only loaned to us. Fly free, fly high, dear Ollie, your are loved and missed more than you will ever know. Love and hugs to you Roz x

Back
Top Bottom