First Time

Rachel Kendall

Well, I've had my two Kaks for a week now and we're going to let them out for the first time on Sunday ..... and advice/tips greatly appreciated- we've moved anything breakable will close blinds and we don't have any mirrors- hopefully they'll get hungry after a while and go back in. They come to my hand in the cage for food so not totally shy .... fingers crossed all goes well xx [emoji51][emoji1696][emoji4][emoji4][emoji212]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

bikergirl Carol

can i just suggest not to completely close the blinds leave them open just a little bit. they need to discover what glass is so if you have them completely closed they cant learn and the first time you forget they might just think they can fly through. they are very intelligent and will learn very quickly. im sure you will have a wonderful time watching them explore.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

can i just suggest not to completely close the blinds leave them open just a little bit. they need to discover what glass is so if you have them completely closed they cant learn and the first time you forget they might just think they can fly through. they are very intelligent and will learn very quickly. im sure you will have a wonderful time watching them explore.
yes , when we moved here I took Dora round each room and sowed her each window / door / mirror by tapping on it and showing her it was solid... she learnt immediately!

bikergirl Carol

well done. now the fun starts. its a good idea that when they go in not to close the door every time as they will associate going in with door closing which might make them reluctant to go in. but its a relief for you that the first time was a success. I found that if one of mine went in they would call for the other one to follow.

Rachel Kendall

Could I ask you guys for your opinion? What sex would you say theses two are please, the top photo (facing bird) is "Daisy" and the bottom photo is "Jack" .... thanks in advance [emoji4][emoji4][emoji85]

Rachel Kendall

Thank you ... I think I'll still call "her" Jack though, she may have got used to it now x

Top Bottom