1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rachel Kendall, Jun 14, 2019 at 7:37 PM.

1. Rachel Kendall

Rachel Kendall Regular Member Registered

Well, I've had my two Kaks for a week now and we're going to let them out for the first time on Sunday ..... and advice/tips greatly appreciated- we've moved anything breakable will close blinds and we don't have any mirrors- hopefully they'll get hungry after a while and go back in. They come to my hand in the cage for food so not totally shy .... fingers crossed all goes well xx

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Luna and Wendy Cooper-Wolfe like this.
  2. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

can i just suggest not to completely close the blinds leave them open just a little bit. they need to discover what glass is so if you have them completely closed they cant learn and the first time you forget they might just think they can fly through. they are very intelligent and will learn very quickly. im sure you will have a wonderful time watching them explore.

3. Rachel Kendall

Thank you for that, I will xx

bikergirl Carol likes this.
  4. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

yes , when we moved here I took Dora round each room and sowed her each window / door / mirror by tapping on it and showing her it was solid... she learnt immediately!

5. Rachel Kendall

We've done it ! Their appetite got the better of them and they've gone back in [​IMG][​IMG]

6. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well done :aplastao: :thumbsup:

Rachel Kendall likes this.
  7. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

thats great they look so happy out

Rachel Kendall likes this.
  8. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

well done. now the fun starts. its a good idea that when they go in not to close the door every time as they will associate going in with door closing which might make them reluctant to go in. but its a relief for you that the first time was a success. I found that if one of mine went in they would call for the other one to follow.

9. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Brilliant to see them out, I use to get a load of dandelions and chuck them in the cage to get mine back in. They couldn't resist

10. Rachel Kendall

Mine love broccoli and corn ... they were so tired afterwards they didn't bother coming back out !!

Michael Reynolds, cazimodo and dianaT like this.