Female Galah for Sale

KLD95

Registered
Hi everyone, unfortunately I’ve come to the decision to rehome Rosie. I’m absolutely gutted to be writing this. Since my son have been born Rosie haven’t been having fairplay. She’s not out as much as she used to be and I’m super conscious about how she’s feeling. Rosie would be out for hours on end, she done the cleaning with me, showered, the dishes, made the beds. I’m wanting Rosie to go to an experienced owner and somebody who can give her the time and play that she is needing. I have tried alternative strategies such as having her out when Ollies in bed, out when Ollies here, when he’s in bed but it’s just not enough 😔

Attachments

Michael Reynolds

I am so sorry you have decided to rehome Rosie, are you certain she will be better off with some one else? I will tag @plumsmum to see if she can help she has rose breasted Too's. @dianaT is in Wales I wonder if she will know some one more local or other members who will be interested to help.

dianaT

Staff member
Oh dear I am so sorry to hear this. Unfortunately I do not know of anyone but lets hope some of our other members may respond.
But you know, it won't always be like that as time goes on things will change and Rosie may well be able to have more time out.

KLD95

Registered
It’s really getting me down the fact she’s in her cage more than what she’s out. I totally understand what your saying but I believe the older Ollies getting the more busy he’s going to be therefore Rosies still not getting fair play. I’m very lucky that she loves her toys so much and enjoys entertaining herself as I do change her toys and buy newer ones to occupy her but again, she’s not having my full attention. Going from being out hours on end and involved in everything to being stuck in her cage. It’s probably bothering me more than what it is her. I can’t help feeling guilty and as if I’m putting her second best 😢

KLD95

Registered
I’m just wanting her to have the best quality of life. At the minute I can’t fulfill her wants and needs as I’m super busy with Ollie. I’m trying to juggle it all and ensure Rosie still feels involved but it’s proving to be a little difficult. She’s not out half as much as she used to be 😔 Thank you so much. Hope you and your flock are all well.

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
I know how you feel.....having two children I felt the same and trying to balance my time. sometimes the birds had some crap days where they weren’t out much or I knew I had loads on and just filled the cage with food and toys and then got them out when the kids had gone bed. It’s surprising how fast time goes and you are able to have your parrot out lots agin. It’s surprising what you can do with a parrot on your shoulder around the house. Moving a bird on can be just as or more upsetting than temporary changes in life style. my aviary saved me a bit as I could put them out there and they can play and fly about all day.

KLD95

Registered
I never thought of it that way about Rosie wondering where I’ve gone 😔 She’s gone to being not as tactile as she was. She won’t let me scratch her head or stroke her like she used to. I’m worried that’s my fault because she sees me with the baby she’s pouting with me. Any tips on how to get her to let me scratch her again?

dianaT

Staff member
Well I expect Rosie is a little jealous of the little one, after all she was there first and he is an intruder taking up more of your time. This of course is understandable to us. But, you are still there, it is her home and it may take quite a long time but I am sure she will accept the situation and as your baby grows you will get into more of a routine and find a bit more time for dear Rosie.
In the meantime just carry on as normal, if she won't let you scratch her head so be it for now. Just talk to her gently and kindly she knows you still love her.

RoyJess

I'm so sorry to hear that you may need to re-home your Galah. I love Galah's and would love one. However we you live too far from you plus we are needing to pull on our purse strings.

Even if you live near us (Norfolk) and were giving the bird away, we still don't have the room or time for another bird. Our birds do spend most of their time out of their cadges than in.

I went through a similar phase with my Missy (Hahns Macaw) she didn't seem happy to be in my care and I nearly gave her up to my wife. I persevered and we now get on well together. I just wonder if you are just feeling guilty for not having the time like you used to for your bird and your bird is picking up your body language on this.

What ever you do, I hope that you find a solution whether you decide to keep her or find a good home.

plumsmum

Hi hun please think hard about this, take some time. My girl Rubes is in her cage most of the time because she is a risk to herself out. She has a good routine and company from another, a G2, who is flightless, well wingless really as she plucks. She became quite reliant on wanting me until the G2 came. I was just starting stair walking/flying when she broke her wing and then it stopped and we have moved in the midst of all this chaos so she is happy in her (safe space) ie her cages. Please don't hesitate to message me and I'll talk to you. But please remember what is happening now will probably not last forever and who knows what she would go to? My Rubes is a risk to herself out I think because of her previous homes, the one before me a dreadful shop that hacked her wings to barely nothing, I believe she had not flown for some time. Rubes came to me, not acting at all like a Galah that I remembered but you know what she is now and even though out time is limited she is loved and cared for and appears happy. She is behaving in the same ways my boy did before I lost him two years ago. :)

I possibly could give you some time/a break if things are really hard but not looking really for a f/t 4th flock member, unless you want to swap one LOL?

Last edited:
Top Bottom