Feather Loss After Crash.. Normal?

Archibald's Slave

Yesterday morning Chelo was out for her usual flight up and down corridor followed by hanging out on hoop in corridor hoping one of the ladies in the house passes.
Someone was moving downstairs in kitchen, but guess Chelo decided that they were in upstairs bathroom and took off for it..
I was not quick enough to see what she did but I heard the thud and arrived to find her walking on the bathroom floor by (glass) shower door.. so have an idea of what she has done.
When I picked her up I gave her head a a tickle and a line of feathers fell out from above her beak (where I would imagine contact with object would occur) and she now has a small bald patch above her beak, between her eyes.. there was no blood and it doesn't seem to hurt her when touched, in fact she has barely appeared to notice, so not worried about serious damage.

Is feather loss from a bump normal?
I assume the missing feathers will grow back, will this be at next moult or will happen over next months?

Bloody birds cause no end of stress! :)

Yes they drop feathers from stress or to escape a caught up situation......as they have come out rather than moulted out they should grow back in a few weeks.
Yes parrots designed to make their owners stressed...especially when there's a bank holiday approaching! x

Back
Top Bottom