1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Sockets

Discussion in 'Home and Environmental Hazards' started by Shirley, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

Ok i have had Scooby 9 years and 6 months never ever has he tried to put his beak into a socket till now. Tom has bought safety covers for the socket next to his cage, the socket isn't turned on well Scooby did just that looky i came back in to the room and caught him red handed trying to push his beek in to the socket he soon got put back in his cage till the covers came back with Tom .Thought this was worth mentioning i don't know if it could of hurt Scooby but im not taking any risks sockets that are not in use now have safety covers on and would hate to read about a any birdy or Parrots been seriously hurt .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DizzyBlue, TomsMum and dianaT like this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Oh dear the rascal Shirley, good idea re the socket covers though.
    We had them when the grandchildren were a small.

Shirley likes this.
  3. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

I have never known Scooby to go for socket's Di i was so upset if i hadn't have got to him in time i dread to think , just hope the covers work will have to keep a right good eye on him.

karendean46 and dianaT like this.
  4. karendean46

karendean46 Regular Member Registered

Yes got to be very careful. Whenever I go to toilet upstairs I leave snowy on his perch just outside. More often than not I will get double locked in by Snowy who seems to think that it is great fun!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

TomsMum and Shirley like this.
  5. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

Scooby never leaves the room Karendean46 unless he is on my arm the room door can be left open but he never ventures that's yet too come one fine day when he gets brave .I was in the kitchen when i came in the room and caught him red handed i was gone seconds .Im just grateful i did catch him.

6. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Ooo the little rascal...thanks for drawing this to members' attention @Shirley.....
    Why are parrots more interested in our stuff than their own :)

7. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

I know i was absolutely mortified TomsMum and panicked by putting Scooby away and waited for Tom to ring to get the safety covers .I never ever thought they would go for something like this it just goes too show they are like children .

8. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

That's a really good idea Shirls better to be safe than sorry. And Scooby your a little tinker stop scaring your mummy!

Shirley and TomsMum like this.
  9. Bradders

Bradders Parrot Power! Staff Member Moderator

What a shock for you! You have to watch them closely don't you!? Just like having a crawling baby around I think. When Ruby's out, we're generally in the same room. Sometimes I might be in the dining room briefly but have keep an ear out. Don't trust her for a minute!

Shirley likes this.